PZB Update and Photo

Gail

Arachnopixie
Old Timer
For those that remember the saga of the PZB I received back in the summer who was cracked at the pedical, had a missing leg and severe bacterial and fungal infections, here is a picture of her now. You'll recall she molted a few months ago and at that time she still seemed to have something stuck in the top of her pedical, like a scar. Well, it dried up and she must have worked it out because when I was checking her today it's gone. The regrown leg will, I fear, be lost again at next molt though because it is deformed into a hook and it is hard and dry. But considering all the poor thing has been through, I think she's looking pretty good.

Gail

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
awesome news Gail! She's looking very good!
It's definately due to your diligent interference that she made it through!
;)
That's the kind of stuff we need to hear about :)

Joy

Priestess of Pulchra-tude
Old Timer
Poor girl! But she looks great apart from the leg. Another spider who's lucky to have you as an owner :)

Joy

jwb121377

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Wow Gail I don't belive it. I'm gonna start calling you the miracle worker.;)

Ephesians

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Yo go girl, I love to see a good heart put to work. I'm sure if the tarantula could think comprehensively she'd make a "Thank you" out of web like in "Charolette's Web". :}

Marcus

Chris

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Maybe one of us should look into inventing prosthetic limbs for spiders! Maybe a pipe cleaner for now? lol

Seriously though... I am happy to see she is doing so well in your care Gail. Kudos!

veronyka

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
LOL @ a pipecleaner. How cute! I use those to make fake spiders!=D
Gail, is that the same PZB you got from Paul and you said two of them had fungal infections? I have not seen anything like that on my PZB so I'm wondering if I just got lucky or if there's something I can't see? How did you notice the problem with yours? Mine does appear to be healthy so I don't think I have anything to worry about. I just want to be sure.

veronyka

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
By the way, that spider looks GREAT! You really do have a knack for that, I saw the pics of the rosies! More props to you! :D

Kugellager

ArachnoJester of the Ancient Ones
Arachnosupporter
WOW Gail!...Maybe you should have Scott change your title to ArachnoDoc.
:D

John
];')

Gail

Arachnopixie
Old Timer
Originally posted by Kugellager
WOW Gail!...Maybe you should have Scott change your title to ArachnoDoc.
:D

John
];')
Yea, but if I did that then it would be even more obvious that I have absolutely no life other than my spiders and my work LOL ;) I honestly don't think they would do so well for me if it wasn't for the fact that I am at home 24/7 and I can get up every 20 minutes and give them more food or medication or check their condition. And who else would admit to spending about 2 hours a day (at this point) actually cleaning and feeding and checking everyone over with a 10x loupe? I guess what I'm saying is that anyone could have this success if they were an anal retentive stay at home bum like me :p

Gail

Gail

Arachnopixie
Old Timer
Originally posted by veronyka
LOL @ a pipecleaner. How cute! I use those to make fake spiders!=D
Gail, is that the same PZB you got from Paul and you said two of them had fungal infections? I have not seen anything like that on my PZB so I'm wondering if I just got lucky or if there's something I can't see? How did you notice the problem with yours? Mine does appear to be healthy so I don't think I have anything to worry about. I just want to be sure.
Sounds like you got lucky as it would be an obvious white or bright yellow fluffy fungus growing on the chelicera, legs, carapace and/or abdomen. Glad you got a good one :)

Gail

Gail

Arachnopixie
Old Timer
Originally posted by Tarantula
Do you have any close-ups of that dried up leg?
I was trying to get a good shot of it but the spider is very skittish and because of the condition of the leg I don't want to prod her around too much and risk having her crack it just in case there is some blood supply to it. I'm watching for my chance to get a good pic and I will post it when I do.

Gail

Cowshark

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Aww, great to see the spidey doing well. In between that and the rescued Rosies, you are truly a kick@$$ spider parent.

Henry Kane

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Man, the trials and tribulations, huh? Great ending though. Great Job Gail! :D You're a good spider-mommy. ;)
Don't be surprised if the leg makes more progress after the next molt. I know the possibility of her losing it exists too but keep in mind that under the exo, it's still soft and pliable. Ya never know. Still, expect the worst, hope for the best.

Atrax

The_Phantom

Scarlet O' Hairy
Old Timer
Hey ! Im posting a little late on this, but Im really glad to see shes doing good, going to be ok, and will make it !!:D :D :D

Congradulations !!