PZB sling molting problem!!!! help please

Spike

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
My sling molted last night or this mourning she was about a 1/4 in. now she is about 3/4 or so. She molted fine the only things is part of her exoskeleton was still attached to her butt!!!!!! I was worried as hell so I got my many Tarantula guides and found the section on problem moults. They suggested a very diluted solution of soap and water. I ended up just going with water and a very soft and very tiny paint brush. It shas come off but I dont know if it all came off (my t is still pretty small) What should I do now ???? What went wrong ?????? How do I prevent this in the future????? Did i do the right thing?

mebebraz

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Ive had the same problems before too, I used water as well, all you can do is wait and see, should be alright, as far as why?????

SpiderTwin

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I would think that your sling will be fine. One of the most important things to watch is humidity. When you feel that your sling is getting close to a molt, try to up the humidity, this will keep the old exoskeleton from drying out as fast and give the T more time to get out of it. Just a suggestion, It's hard to control a natural thing like this, T's can have problems molting even if the conditions are right. Sound like you did the right thing.