PZB bolted under cabinet - PLZ HELP me flush him out!

abstract

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Allright - I just got a PZB that I was going to try and handle, went to the bathroom to ensure that there was no escape....Got him out, and he actually ran up UNDERNEATH the bathroom sink cabinet - behind trim and the baseboard, and below the inside of the cabinets.

There is about a 1" gap that he got through - I didn't even know it was there before this incident.

My one idea is to put a space heater on the gap, so as to heat up the air inside and force him out. Other than that, I couldn't think of anything? Do you guys have any ideas?

Until i figure this out, I've got about a 3"+ PZB that is living in my cabinet...

HELP ME PLEASE

rapunzel

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
i hqave no suggestions...

but Good Luck.

I have a 3+ a. genic living Somewhere in my house. I have no idea where, though.

LPacker79

ArachnoSpaz
Old Timer
I wouldn't blow how air in the gap, if the T doesn't come out of there the hot air could dessicate it pretty quick.

You could either wait for it to come out on it's own, or you could rip the cabinet apart. Short of that, I have no idea.

Henry Kane

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Yeah, I'd pretty much be carefully removing whatever cabinet panels to try to get him back. Once a T finds a nice dark hidey-hole, it's not likely to venture out into the open anytime soon.

Good luck getting him back.

Atrax

abstract

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
got him!

Thanks for the help - but we decided to tear apart the cabinet (neatly of course - i'm a renter....). Only tried the heat for about 5 minutes.

Upon tearing out the bottom - we found NO SPIDER...This is after closely watching the area for 25 minutes. A thourough check of the cabinet revealed no spider, and no places to escape that weren't visible.

So - deducing that he had to have made it out w/out us seeing him, we started searching through all the towels etc. that I had in it.

Still no luck, then I looked up. It was stuck to a wall, about 8 ft up. I tried to brush him into his cage - but he haired me. Eventually got him in, than started rebuilding the cabinet. Thanks for your help guys!!!

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
congrats on finding it!

at least you learned something, right? ;)

i've still got a P.murinus living somewhere in my building

peace
dave

skadiwolf

Arachnolord
Old Timer
actually, those Ts are probably most likely dead you know guys. they can't survive long in an area without becoming dessicated and dehydrated and dying.

so, you might have skeleton Ts 'living' in your building, but i seriously doubt any live ones. :(

congrats on getting your T back, awesome news! :)

Kenny

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Survival

skadiwolf wrote;

"actually, those Ts are probably most likely dead you know guys. they can't survive long in an area without becoming dessicated and dehydrated and dying."

Well,,There are some example of T's that have escaped and survived in within "house-conditions" down the road pretty good.

T's are perfect predators like our own "housespiders", remember?
5 millions of years of evulotion and I think they can handle themselves pretty good.

Or like Rick West said that they've found T's at 13000 feet in Bolivias mountains and species of Grammostola beneath the ground beneath some feet of snow.

So house conditions I don't think make a "problem" for them really.:)

Kenny

Last edited:

bluerich74

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Oh man,The same sorta thing happened to me this afternoon.I was fixing up a home for my new 4" h.maculata,when he got on the floor and ran up under my kitchen cabinets.I had to tear the front bottom board off of the cabinet to get to him.The board just happened to be pressed wood so it busted all up and made a mess.I hit myself in the eye with a metal flashlight,twice,and broke my thumbnail in half,blood everywhere.Good news is I did find him and was able to fish him out with a coat hanger.hes fine now and securely locked up.I learn a valuable lesson..Move them in a wide open area of a room....Rich