Purple Albino Retic

CodeWilster

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I took this picture the other day of "Julius Squeezer", my Purple Albino Reticulated Python, and just thought I'd share :)

These snakes are absolutely amazing, and smart. It's the only snake I've had that closely watches my every move. Kind of freaks me out sometimes, and I love it {D

Dyn

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I saw this earlier when I was at work but couldnt comment.

Nice looking retic.

How big is he?

NikiP

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
That is a truly gorgeous snake :drool::drool::drool:

Dyn

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
About the same size as mine.

I really need to get some decent pics of him.

Do you have any other retics?

Anubis77

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Good looking snake. I like the aggressive look he has to his eyes. It's intimidating.

Teal

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
It's an understatement, but all I can think of to say is... Wow! I am in love!

CodeWilster

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
About the same size as mine.

I really need to get some decent pics of him.

Do you have any other retics?
No, but I have a female Green Anaconda. (and now that it came up here's a pic of her face :} )

Between these two snakes I don't have any more room atm. Later on down the road I would love a couple more Retics though. Probably as soon as the really nice breeds that have been coming out lately come down in price.

@Anubis, what is even more intimidating is when you are in the middle of something and you look over to his cage and they are glaring right at you lol

Anubis77

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
@Anubis, what is even more intimidating is when you are in the middle of something and you look over to his cage and they are glaring right at you lol
I'm all too familiar with it, but on a much smaller scale. About a 4 foot scale that has orange puppy-dog eyes. My little Retic is not very intimidating yet.

Oh, and Julius Squeezer. Great name.

Ookamii

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I know of a retic that if it where to give me that look i would run away screeming, she was mine, for a month, i went outa town and came back, my husband didnt lock the top of the cage and she got out, now she lives at the lake near where my home, and shes 10 feet now....that was a year ago, when she got out she was 5 feet...i wanna catch her....

CodeWilster

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I'm all too familiar with it, but on a much smaller scale. About a 4 foot scale that has orange puppy-dog eyes. My little Retic is not very intimidating yet.

Oh, and Julius Squeezer. Great name.
I remember when mine was that little...a few months ago lol. What kind of Retic do you have?

Thanks :) I have to give my giant snakes silly names to help neutralize the fear and intimidation they create in my family. Forgot to say that the Anaconda is named "Anacondalisa Rice"...but I usually just say "Condy"

Anubis77

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I remember when mine was that little...a few months ago lol. What kind of Retic do you have?
Just a normal. No specific locality. Exactly what I wanted though.

Thanks :) I have to give my giant snakes silly names to help neutralize the fear and intimidation they create in my family. Forgot to say that the Anaconda is named "Anacondalisa Rice"...but I usually just say "Condy"
That's an awesome name. Hilarious. I did the same for mine. She's named Marusya, which is a feminine, cutesy sort of nickname for Maria in Russian. It'll be a bit at odds with her grown up appearance, but like you said, personifying them like that probably helps lessen the fear.

How's your anaconda in temperament?

kevin91172

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Always wanted one,but do not now if i would be able to feed properly or house it...One day I will.one day.Would really like to raise one from a new born.

sharpfang

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Purty

What is the Females name ? and do ya hold her much ?

GL w/ them - too big for my taste, but beautiful creatures.

Have a good Holiday Code - J

captmarga

Arachnobaron
Must say that though retics are not my favorite of the restrictors, that's one lovely snake you have there!

Marga

zonbonzovi

Creeping beneath you
Old Timer
Condy{D

What sort of enclosure req's are needed for full size retic? Never really dug them before but your is fantabulous!

CodeWilster

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Just a normal. No specific locality. Exactly what I wanted though.

That's an awesome name. Hilarious. I did the same for mine. She's named Marusya, which is a feminine, cutesy sort of nickname for Maria in Russian. It'll be a bit at odds with her grown up appearance, but like you said, personifying them like that probably helps lessen the fear.

How's your anaconda in temperament?
To be honest I absolutely love the normals (especially the Sulawesi's). It's the broken pattern and solid striped morphs I don't care for.

Definitely, it does help. I have to remind myself that urticating hairs are "butt fluffies" when messing with my NW tarantulas, otherwise I get really cranky when I'm haired lol

As for Anaconda's temperament, tame as a kitten, but even that's an understatement and you would have to see it to believe it. She was WC and I can't believe how much I lucked out with her, no health/cosmetic issues and best of all it's like playing with a ginormous Sand Boa-that's how mellow she is. She's not cage aggressive either, at just about any given instant I can reach in there and grab her; no musking, hissing, striking, etc. She still has yet to strike at anything other than food (even which she is hesitant to strike at at first). I'm gonna have to make a video...

@zonbonzovi

Mine is currently in a 8'x2'x2' and that *might* house him comfortably as an adult but it really depends on how big he gets. He might max out at like 15 feet which would be perfect otherwise anything over that deserves at least another foot in depth. I'd imagine the 18+footers (especially females) require around 10'x4'x3'. Of course there are the dwarf varieties too which is a whole different story :)

Crawly

Arachnopeon
That is an absolutely beautiful animal! I've wanted a retic for years but haven't been able to provide enough space to one. Someday though.