Pulchripes didn't eat today??

bioshock

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
So went to feed my adult pulchripes and threw a cricket in and no luck. Temperature should be 75-85 in my room since its humid in virginia this time of year. Had the a/c on most of the day so its not too hot on my crickets, scorp, and t. Just wondering if this is normal because usually she eats beastly and never refuses a meal. I dont think she is in premolt just a lil bare patch on her abdomen but i think its from rubbing hairs off who knows.

kylestl

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Some tarantulas if fed too much will refuse food for a little while then resume eating again all within the same molt cycle. Your t is fine.

Chris_Skeleton

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
A number of things. It could be from them being kicked off, rubbed off, or going into premolt. Theres a few reasons it could be bald a little.
A bald spot doesn't indicate premolt. And the only way a bald spot can appear is if the hairs are kicked or rubbed off. I don't know if I'm getting you :?

Last edited:

bioshock

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
A bald spot doesn't indicate premolt. And the only way a bald spot can appear is if the hairs are kicked or rubbed off. I don't know if I'm getting you :?
If its black and bald why wouldn't it indicate a premolt?? How else would we know except for the dullish colors or them not eating for periods of a time?? I dont think im following you here.

LV-426

Arachnobaron
i think the OP needs to state whether or not the bald spot is dark or not

LV-426

Arachnobaron
well keep an eye on it, if the bald spot gets bigger then its premolt.

Arachnoholic420

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
It would take sometime for your T to develop darkness,
on it's abdomen before it goes into pre molt.....
first tell tale sign's of pre molt is refusing food....
next would be a a dark abdomen with in the next few weeks depending on the size of the T...

but like what kylestl said... your T might just be too full to eat... leave it some more time to diggest...
then try again...

Peace,
Armando

Chris_Skeleton

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
If its black and bald why wouldn't it indicate a premolt?? How else would we know except for the dullish colors or them not eating for periods of a time?? I dont think im following you here.
Okay, at first you just said bald. Turning black is the indicator, not baldness. My A. seemani has never once kicked a hair, and if it never does I won't see any dark spot forming. It just doesn't go bald because of premolt.

well keep an eye on it, if the bald spot gets bigger then its premolt.
No, if the bald spot gets darker then it's premolt.

Hobo

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Staff member
As stated, rubbing/kicking hairs off the abdomen isn't always a sign of premolt.
Your spider may be in premolt or just full.