puert rican giant centipede

Justin

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
How hard are these to get? does any on know where i can get one?

Bob the thief

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Man im going to my uncles house in puerto rico next month i wish i could import em , theres usally 12 around his house if you know where to look.

Thinking it over I remebered how many centipedes look similar, so they may not be the same one , but there huge and more or less same coloring.

Last edited:

Wade

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Bob-

I'm not sure of the legal issues, but is going to PR considered crossing an internatinal border? It is part of the US (not a state, but a...I forget the term). You may be able to bring (or at least ship) them back. They're available in the hobby fairly regularly, so there may not be a problem. I'd check on the rules first, of course, but it may be worth it :)

Wade

Mister Internet

Big Meanie Doo Doo Head :)
Arachnosupporter +
Wade,

You're right... it's a "U.S. Territory", and considered as part of the U.S.for travel purposes as I recall... not sure how that affects customs/imports though...

Bob the thief

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Well I know you cant ship fruits from there without a permit.
there seems to be a type of mite that lives in some banannas and its strictly forbidden.

So that would give me a good hint on animals.

But theres lots of wild Ts and centipedes and other stuff around my uncles house. I had to convince him that the t's where not going to kill him if he got bit unless he had some sort of reaction.

Its common to burn a tarantula if you see it becuase reportedly lots of people die from them (common town story). Same thing with the centipedes

Last edited:

Bob the thief

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Oh and by the way its so easy to get to his house my mom calls him the hermit :D. 4 people have lost cars trying to get up to his house.

LaRiz

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Bob the thief,
U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, Southeast Region 4, has jurisdiction in Puerto Rico, I believe. You can give their home office in Atlanta, GA a call, and ask about bringing back something like a centipede. Though, you should be careful on how you word it. Perhaps, you should only tell them you want one.
Here's a link:
click to visit Programs and Services of Southeast Region 4
and phone #'s of agents:
click for phone #'s and agent extensions

Please let us know how you made out.
john

Henry Kane

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Wow John! Good info bro! :)

Bob the Thief, please do keep us posted on the progress of the situation.

Atrax

Bob the thief

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Well I just got back , Got a bit of work to do so ill call tomorrow I hope its possible to bring them considering how many Inverts ive seen.

Last edited:

Wade

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Bob-

Be sure to make it clear that you're not bringing back plant eating insects. These are stickly regulated. Generally, predators such as centipedes, tarantulas and scorpions should be OK.

You should alos be clear that they're for your personal use and not going to be sold. If they think you're a dealer, then they may consider them merchandise which could have other ramifications as far as customs is concerned.

Mister Internet-

U.S. Territory, yup, that's the word I was looking for. Thanks!

Wade

Bob the thief

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Well I got transfered to a wildlife inspector no ones there now it seems. Ill try again later.

Bob the thief

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Ok so it seems I can bring it here becuase its "not regulated" as long as its allowed by state law.