A couple of rehousings today :)

0.1 Pterinochilus lapalala
IMG_8376.JPG IMG_8375.JPG

0.1 Pterinochilus vorax
IMG_8378.JPG
IMG_8369.JPG

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
Have you still got this spider by any chance? If so any chance of a recent picture, pretty please. That is without doubt the most awesome, stunning, p.murinus I have ever seen!
I dont think this member uses the forums anymore.

The spider pictured is an old Usambara Mountains Variant.

ryan w

Arachnopeon
I dont think this member uses the forums anymore.

The spider pictured is an old Usambara Mountains Variant.
Thanks for the reply.
Is that common for the umv to have that orange and contrasting light carapace?
Many thanks

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
Thanks for the reply.
Is that common for the umv to have that orange and contrasting light carapace?
Many thanks
Its not common for most murinus labelled Usambara in the hobby as most are unfortunately mixed with OCF/RCF(which dont have the trait).

True UMV will have cream carapace that is more visible the longer since last moult. It is more obvious in older specimens. A little similar to how you see P. metallica and some of the Harpactira setae darken with age.

The specimen in that photo is one of the best examples of that happening to UMV.

ryan w

Arachnopeon
Thanks for taking the time for the information, very interesting. I've seen p.murinus in quite a few different forms over the years, but that specimen is amazing!
I don't suppose you'll have any p.lapalala and p.murinus DCF slings for sale in the near future? I would like to have both in my collection. I thought I just wanted these two species and a h.marksi, and I was done with Africans, but now I need a p.murinus like the one pictured. The list never ends! Damn you spider addiction, I need help/rehab or just more spiders!!!
Cheers mate

Its not common for most murinus labelled Usambara in the hobby as most are unfortunately mixed with OCF/RCF(which dont have the trait).

True UMV will have cream carapace that is more visible the longer since last moult. It is more obvious in older specimens. A little similar to how you see P. metallica and some of the Harpactira setae darken with age.

The specimen in that photo is one of the best examples of that happening to UMV.

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
Thanks for taking the time for the information, very interesting. I've seen p.murinus in quite a few different forms over the years, but that specimen is amazing!
I don't suppose you'll have any p.lapalala and p.murinus DCF slings for sale in the near future? I would like to have both in my collection. I thought I just wanted these two species and a h.marksi, and I was done with Africans, but now I need a p.murinus like the one pictured. The list never ends! Damn you spider addiction, I need help/rehab or just more spiders!!!
Cheers mate
I am waiting for my lapalala males to mature then will hopefully get a brood. I have slings of murinus UMV, murinus BCF Tete and murinus DCF Kigoma just hatched :)

ryan w

Arachnopeon
I am waiting for my lapalala males to mature then will hopefully get a brood. I have slings of murinus UMV, murinus BCF Tete and murinus DCF Kigoma just hatched :)
If you know the likely individual prices could you pm them me please.
Cheers