Psalmopoeus irminia stripes fading?

Will West

Arachnopeon
Do P. irminia lose their stripes as they age? Mine molted recently and come out with much less orange then her usual coloring. Definitely a female. I do have a 'before and after' picture

Last edited:

Chebe6886

Arachnobaron
Are you talking the abdomen orange stripes or the orange lighting bolts on the legs?
Either way the lightening bolts get more prominent and the abdominal ones get less distinct but never went away completely. Not with the two I raised any ways

Liquifin

Arachnoking
If you have a picture as a visual it would help much more than descriptions. But if it's recently molted, then you should let it harden up and recover from the molt. As colors may fade or become more prominent after hardening up from molting.

Will West

Arachnopeon
Are you talking the abdomen orange stripes or the orange lighting bolts on the legs?
Either way the lightening bolts get more prominent and the abdominal ones get less distinct but never went away completely. Not with the two I raised any ways
Screenshot_20200806-113128_Gallery.jpg
If you have a picture as a visual it would help much more than descriptions. But if it's recently molted, then you should let it harden up and recover from the molt. As colors may fade or become more prominent after hardening up from molting.
Screenshot_20200806-113128_Gallery.jpg

It's been about a month since the last molt. Seems long enough for the true colors to come thru. I've never had a tarantula lose colors after a molt but I know its a thing. I just didn't know it was a thing with P irminia

jaw6053

Arachnobaron
Wow that's odd. I have one that's only a year old but very interesting to see this.

Will West

Arachnopeon
Do P. irminia lose their stripes as they age? Mine molted recently and come out with much less orange then her usual coloring. Definitely a female. I do have a 'before and after' picture
Wow that's odd. I have one that's only a year old but very interesting to see this.
I'm not sure on the age of mine. She was an adult when I got her, I've had her for about 2 years now

Chebe6886

Arachnobaron
Very likely it could be old age influences. These grow quick so there’s no telling how old she was when you got her.

Chebe6886

Arachnobaron
Thanks, didn't realize that these are a faster growing species.
Yeh they can easily mature within a year if fed well and kept up around 85F. If you haven’t raised a sling irminia or Cambridgei I highly recommend it.

jaw6053

Arachnobaron
Very likely it could be old age influences. These grow quick so there’s no telling how old she was when you got her.
They sure do grow fast. Mine is already 3.5 inches and I got it in January as a 3/4" sling.

Will West

Arachnopeon
Yeh they can easily mature within a year if fed well and kept up around 85F. If you haven’t raised a sling irminia or Cambridgei I highly recommend it.
I do have a p pulcher sling. It's in pre-molt now. Hoping for a big size and color change 😁

They sure do grow fast. Mine is already 3.5 inches and I got it in January as a 3/4" sling.
Wow, that crazy fast

Last edited by a moderator:

Chebe6886

Arachnobaron
Once you keep scorpions Tarantula molts are very underwhelming. They might grow 10-15%. A scorpion will damn near double in size

Dorifto

He who moists xD
Once you keep scorpions Tarantula molts are very underwhelming. They might grow 10-15%. A scorpion will damn near double in size
My dirty mind thought another thing that could double it's size...

Obviously is my T collection 😂😂😂

NukaMedia Exotics

#1 Tarantula Vendor in the USA! Ships Nationwide.
This happens with most species as they get older, sounds like it could be the case since you got her as an adult.