Psalmopoeus irminia How are they???

Heartslave

Arachnopeon
I was wondering what the Psalmopoeus irminia of "sun tiger" was like as a pet. I was trilled at how they look and i was wondering a few thing?

1. Are they docile?
2. Are they good eatters?
3. Who is selling one?
4. How long do they live?
5. What are they houseing requirements?
6. How big do they get? "I have had alot of different answers on this one any where from 1-5 inches in lenth.
7. How much sould I pay for one? Sling? Adult femle?

You opinons are needed as allways!! Let me know what you think! Do ya'll like this spider or is it a pain in the rear.

mistercurls

Arachnopeon
Ive had mine since it was a sling. Its now about 2.5 inches and love it. One of the coolest looking aboreals in my collection

1. They arent really agressive from what ive seen but they are fast, really fast.
2. Mine eats like a pig.
3. Lost of online dealers have them.
4. I think its somewhere around 10 years, not sure but i think so.
5. They are aboreal so it needs to be tall with something to climb on and the rest that goes along with aboreals.
6. A mature adult will probably get around 5 inches, again not sure.
7. That all depends

Scorp guy

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Heartslave said:
I was wondering what the Psalmopoeus irminia of "sun tiger" was like as a pet. I was trilled at how they look and i was wondering a few thing?

1. Are they docile?
3. Who is selling one?
6. How big do they get? "I have had alot of different answers on this one any where from 1-5 inches in lenth.

You opinons are needed as allways!! Let me know what you think! Do ya'll like this spider or is it a pain in the rear.
Is this your first T? if so, i'd definately steer clear of it. The oens i've seen are VERY fast, including my 3 1/2" girl.

1. Mine...No, not at all.
2. So so....they arent gluttons like parahybana.
3.Botar, and i think Chris (krazy 8's)
4. dont know.
5.Tall, like a 1 gallon jar, with climbing sticks etc.
6. I think around 4.5" to 5"
7. adults genrally run about $70 (correct me if i'm wrong) and i know some people on the boards who charge $10-$15 for slings.

sick4x4

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Heartslave said:

1. Are they docile?
3. Who is selling one?

1. mine are pretty laid back..just really quick, not as quick as pulcher's but a near 2nd
2. my male is kinda picky, my slings eat everything as does my female
3. who isn't lol, they are easy to breed, and if you go to our forsale section you should be able to get better deals then the online sites..either way they are all over lol...
4. after maturity males are short lived, females about 5-6 years
6. my males about 4.25", females 5.5" at least mine are
7. slings like 10 bucks at .75 and below, if bought in bulk 5 or more... 10-15 single
females that are mature 100-200 sexed 2.5-3"80-150 all depends on were you get them and from whom...thats at retail...been awhile since i paid retail for a t!!lol
best bet on these is to buy in bulk!!!easy to get a female and male...3 or more so get you at least 1 female the odds get better as you go up..and if you want to breed them....hope that helps look in the forsale section here in the forums... there have been alot babys being born and besides people want to get rid of some, you dont need to have 50 of these guys around with breeding pairs!!lol

Heartslave

Arachnopeon
Nahh its not my 1st and would not be the worst sounds like. These are my babies right now.

1 Male Acanthoscurria geniculata - Dritz
1 Female Grammostola rosea- Desdemona
1 Avicularia versicolor not sure if its a male or female yet-Lapis Lazluii
1 Female Xenesthis sp. "white"- Isis
1 Male Avicularia avicularia

They sound like you have wonderful spiders! thank you for all the information and advice :)!
Heartslave

Heartslave

Arachnopeon
1 Male Avicularia avicularia -Arthis
Forgot to put his name out there :) would not want to think he is not loved

Heartslave

pinkfoot

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Marvellous T to have! I got mine as a sling and she's moulted three times with me. Great webbing, good eater, and plain sexy! Definitely glad I have her!{D

Gesticulator

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Psalmopoeus irminia, IME are rather skittish and not the T of choice if you plan on touching it. Compare to my other T's, they are neither ravenous nor slow eaters.
The important things to know are that they are capable of "teleporting" or moving at very quick speeds if agitated. Always have a catch cup handy when re housing. I feed by slipping the tweezers into a partially opened container. Also, although they are classified as "arboreal", they do seem to need a secure place to hide. If it feels settled into its territory, it may be less prone to running.In the realm of psalmos, I would say the irminia is in the middle in terms of skittishness, with the cambridgei a bit less and the pulcher a bit more. Good luck!

Scorp guy

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
for the record.

I keep mine in a 1 gallon jar, i cut a hole on each side of the jar to poke a fairly large piece of bamboo through one part, then lean another against that one. Be aware, these guys are VERY fast, faster than my chromatus and OBT put together....just take caution.

IguanaMama

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I like this particular tarantula A LOT! I have a juvie and four tiny slings. I recommend getting a sling or two or three, because you can generally find them pretty inexpensively, they are hardy, even when tiny, and they grow quicky. Like Gesticular said, these are look don't touch Ts. Although my container is tall, rather than wide, I have it stuffed with sphagnam moss and a fake flower spray and it is kind of burrowed and webbed tightly in--it likes to hide. But when you catch a glimpse, what a spectacular sight!!!

Heartslave

Arachnopeon
Hehe thats great! I think I might try the sling thing!(knowing my luck it will all be boys) yeah they may be fast but I bet they are about the same as my baby versacolor. He/she is like blue lightning! Looks like a smerf running attached to a nitro-burning rocket car. Lucky for me be dose not like to jump to much when handled. But all the same it would be just a observation T like my Xenthsis white. My Rosie and my a.genric are all the holdable spiders I really need.

Thank you all for your help :)
Heartslave