PSA Please wear underwear when working with your spiders

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
The title of the thread is common sense. If you don't take proper precautions, you deserve it.

gypsy cola

Arachnoknight
So here is the story. It's more boring than it appears.

I was sitting crossed legged while doing maintenance this morning just when I woke up. Well my pedipalp plopped out of my pajama shorts. My B. abiloposum was kicking hairs. The hairs got stuck the webbing attached to my spider. The spider ran out of the enclosure and dove into my dousing rod while tangling her hairy web through my fertile meadow.

Long story short, I am currently wearing mittens.

Grimmdreadly

Arachnopeon
So here is the story. It's more boring than it appears.

I was sitting crossed legged while doing maintenance this morning just when I woke up. Well my pedipalp plopped out of my pajama shorts. My B. abiloposum was kicking hairs. The hairs got stuck the webbing attached to my spider. The spider ran out of the enclosure and dove into my dousing rod while tangling her hairy web through my fertile meadow.

Long story short, I am currently wearing mittens.
I'm going to be honest. I'm laughing at you, not with you. Hahaha

D Sherlod

Arachnoknight
Oh wow have you got a way with words. I can only imagine the look on your significant other's face.

No I don't have crabs, it's a tarantula in my pants :D

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
@Leila you don't know about the duct tape? It's a good way to get rid of urticating hairs. When you've been haired, apply tape to the area and pull it off again.
Of course, with Gypsy being haired in a rather sensitive area, duct tape may not be the best option :D

Leila

Arachnobaron
@Leila you don't know about the duct tape? It's a good way to get rid of urticating hairs. When you've been haired, apply tape to the area and pull it off again.
Of course, with Gypsy being haired in a rather sensitive area, duct tape may not be the best option :D
And now I know :bucktooth::rofl::rofl:
XO

Paiige

Arachnobaron
This was possibly one of the best threads I've ever read here. Hope you're recovered(recovering)!

basin79

ArachnoGod
An old trick to getting fibreglass insulation of yourself I a plastic bag. Rub it over yourself and the static attracts the glass fibres.

Not sure if it'll get out embedded hairs though.

Another trick is to chop up a very hot chilli. With bare hands put the chilli slices into a dish. Now rub your eyes. The intense burning sensation will take your mind of your other burning sensation.