[Warning] Prudy Star @ prudystar@yahoo.com - Scammer?

MatthewS

Arachnopeon
Heads up guys.. new to the boards and I'm pretty sure this is a scam. Found an advert from this person selling pokie metallicas @ 70 bucks a pop! Maybe someone could tell me if they have delt with this person before? Here's the email correspondance, it reeks of scam aqnd I called the person out. No reply yet. The emails read backwards, start at the bottom.

###################################################

Prudy,

You are selling a species of tarantula at half the usual rate. You refuse to provide the requested references, the requested pictures, or any real guarantees. Instead you simply 'tell' me things. Talk is cheap, and until I get anything other than talk, you are a scammer.

- Matt

- Hide quoted text -
On Sat, Jun 13, 2009 at 3:15 PM, Prudy Star <prudystar@yahoo.com> wrote:

Thanks for the mail and I know who did that.
because I traded with him and he was a good business partner.
I am no scammer but sorry for that anyway.
Regards

--- On Sat, 6/13/09, Matthew Spynda <mspynda@gmail.com> wrote:

Subject: Re: P.Metallica
To: "Prudy Star" <prudystar@yahoo.com>
Date: Saturday, June 13, 2009, 3:32 PM

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I still can't find any refereances on your sales. I did find an expired forum post that claimed you were a scammer but it was removed. I do not know what this means and I'm a little uncomfortable dealing with someone with no referances and a yahoo email address. I hope you understand? If you could write your email address on a piece of paper and hold it next to the spiders in question and send me a photo, and are willing to accept a secure form of funds I would entertain a purchase. Thanks.

- Matt

On Sat, Jun 13, 2009 at 9:26 AM, Prudy Star <prudystar@yahoo.com> wrote:

Hello,
Thanks for the mail.
I use Express Post to ship spiders and they use terrariums which is enough guarantee that you will get your spiders.
I have sent a good number of spiders to Spain and USA so that is no problem as concerns references.
should snything happen to the spiders during shipment then you will be refunded in full by Express Post if you will not like them retake the postage again.
Regards

--- On Fri, 6/12/09, Matthew Spynda <mspynda@gmail.com> wrote:

Subject: P.Metallica
To: prudystar@yahoo.com
Date: Friday, June 12, 2009, 10:46 PM

Hi,

I seen your ad. Do I need a liscence to have one shipped to my home in the USA? Do you have references? Shipping options? arrive alive guarantees? Thanks!

- Matt

##################################################

- Matt

bliss

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
flat out -- don't do it. p metallica run for $160+ easily..

besides, you need a license to import live animals into the USA.

dan

patrick86

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I've dealt with one of these recently too. Same spider for under $100. They were in Africa some where and had to have the money sent Western Union. She also had no answers for my questions.

Run man, run fast.

HerbertWest

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I payed 165 for my p metallica sling so i would def be very cautious and not try it

2bears

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
If its to good to be true......

If its to good to be true.....I would recommend NOT to do it
and buy from someone that is well known and has a good
reputation.

JAG83

Arachnopeon
I second that!

I too was aquiring about P. Metallica's and this person had sent me an email reading:

Thanks for the mail.
I am based in Austria but can ship them to you.
I have sexed males and females.
They are spiderlings and subadults as well as adults available.
They will cost you 135 Dollars for a female and 125 for a male.
When do you need it?
Regards
-------------
so I emailed them back to asking the shipping charges and how long it would be in the mail 2 days later still no response! I smell fish! Stamp it......... Scam!!!!