protein?

EndlessForms

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
what would be a good way to provide protein in my millipede's diet? 'cause i have a juvi african giant who's been nipping at me, and i've read the this could be an indication that it's low on protein.

zonbonzovi

Creeping beneath you
Old Timer
Give 'em a little dried dog food every now and again...a couple kibbles to start with. It probably won't disappear very fast and will make a moldy mess in a moist enclosure, so be sure to remove it after a few days.

J Morningstar

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Get the Can O'Locousts, or CanO'crickets. they love them and they have been cooked as far as I know so they harbor no mites or parasites. Just one locoust a month will be enough I bet, keep the rest in the freeezer till you need them. if you separate them in a vacume freezer bag they will stay good for months.

EndlessForms

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Get the Can O'Locousts, or CanO'crickets. they love them and they have been cooked as far as I know so they harbor no mites or parasites. Just one locoust a month will be enough I bet, keep the rest in the freeezer till you need them. if you separate them in a vacume freezer bag they will stay good for months.
so you mean it will take month for the 'pede to consume the locust, or that it only needs to consume one per month?