Protection for Britains only naturalised scorpion (European yellow scorpion)

Connerl8k

Arachnosquire
The British yellow tailed Scorpion has been thriving in several colonies in England specifically since the 1800's although they haven't managed to spread very far the
Largest current colony that exists has an estimated 15k members.

This hardy little scorpion despite being naturalised and harmless to native flora and fauna have no protection, it would only take a few legal swipes of the arm and they will be lost forever.

My question is are there any ways legal or otherwise to ensure the survival of the colony or help them
Spread to another site as to ensure there continuation should something happen to the main colony?

I'm not sure on the legality of this so
Scorpion enthuasists and wildlife enthusiast are equally welcome
To advise.

I look forward to everyone's opinions.

brandontmyers

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Naturally, they will spread over time. It's even possible that more species will show up. However, unlike you and I and most people around here, people view scorpions as just bugs. There isn't a huge effort to want to keep them around. Introduced populations are extremely interesting as they thrive in a place far from their natural home. Centruroides gracilis and Isometrus maculatus can be found all over the world. The best bet is to leave them where they are and enjoy finding them in the wild. Plus, the chances that you could establish a colony that will thrive aren't very good.

G. Carnell

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Hey

This species, Euscorpius flavicaudis flavicaudis has been spread to very many other locations, I believe by ship during the times of the Empire of Genoa!

There are colonies in Spain, North Africa and Corsica to name a few! I doubt it will be lost if the main Sheerness colony in the UK dies, they are clearly quite adaptable!

Lovely little scorpion

RTTB

Arachnoprince
I'm curious if there are other scorpion species facing extirpation/extinction. Are there any protected species?

Stugy

Arachnolord
I'm curious if there are other scorpion species facing extirpation/extinction. Are there any protected species?
You can check the wildlife protection website (completely forgot what it was called). You can search it up and stuff. On that one website that I don't remember it said there are like 3 endangered species of scorpion. Not very helpful but I tried lol