Proper "EGGSAC" Care

swatc1h

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Is it ventilation,misting or humdity or what? Seperated or not i dont mist but drop water directly bedding. Had this problem with L.lug until last couple of sacs until she died werent harden yellow eggs.

This week been great. L.Menv L.Lugs L.Bish. Bottom good example maybe but been couple days.

JPD

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
How old is the female? Many times when later eggsacs are produced, they are simply hard, inviable, masses.
When I kept L.bishopi, I had quite a few problems early on because I worried about humidity. I later adopted a no additional humidity approach other than an occasional misting and they seemed to thrive.
It's my opinion that L.bishopi is definitely one species that you do not want to try to mimic their exact conditions in the wild. They seem to adapt pretty well.
I always keep widows, (all widows), in "insect cups" (they are sold by many but I get mine from LLLReptile). These are the taller deli cups (32oz), with the cotton-mesh lids. Here is the link: http://lllreptile.com/store/catalog...g-material/-/32oz-insect-cup-with-fabric-lid/
I add one stick with no substrate and pull cricket carcasses as needed.

I am excited for you and all of the potential offspring that you will have!

I just want to say how impressed I am with the "level" that all of you (swatC1h, buthus, KUJordan, BrianS), have taken widow care and reproduction to!
Gone are the days of people simply keeping them as a "throw away" type spider.

Anyhow....just my thoughts....good luck!

BishopiMaster

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
That is very interesting, because in the wild i have heard they only inhabit sand pine palms in florida, may it be an evolutionary aproach for them.