pricing info ?

NevularScorpion

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
do you guys know how much does Androctonus liouvillei and
Parabuthus villosus usually cost ? I want to know the general price for slings and adults. thanks :)

ButhidaeBomb

Cant Re-Member
Old Timer
a good estimate would be $75 US on both for adults. maybe $40-$45 on 1-3i. at least thats what i would pay. i actually have a A. liouvillei. i would ask more for the species myself because they are not very easy to get....near impossible in the USA. do you have a lead on some of them for sale here in states or are you just asking in general?

NevularScorpion

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
the reason why I'm asking is so that when someone have a clutch and sell them I will have an estimate how much they go for because I want to see if I'm getting a good deal or not. thanks for your opinion

ButhidaeBomb

Cant Re-Member
Old Timer
if someone has a US born brood of either species...i would advice you prepay for them before they are posted for sale. im sure it will go into a bidding war...or at the very least, someone will buy the entire brood.....like me. haha. i believe it was kyleC who posted a day or so ago that had both of those species for sale. of course he is overseas so shipping would have to be at your own risk. i lucked out and have had mine for a while. i have no idea of the sex because i dont have another one to compare it to. darn the luck!
i guess the actual price you (or anyone) would pay for a scorp is kinda "in the eye of the beholder". if i want something bad enough, let alone its fair market "value", i will pay both arms and a leg for it. if its fair market value is really high but its not really on the wishlist, i may only pay very little or "wholesale" price for it. im sure you see where im going with that.
BUT, both of the species in question will not have a problem selling in the US market. that being said...expect competition for purchasing to be fierce and the asking price to be a little more than you may normally spend on a scorp.

Nomadinexile

Arachnoking
Old Timer
This is a tough one because they aren't here. So in a way, they are kind of priceless. I think FileNameX estimates were pretty good. If they were mine though, I think I would be charging a little more. I would think $100 on adults and $50 on slings. Doesn't mean they would sell at that, but that is what I would expect to pay here. I would gladly pay that if I had the extra cash. So whoever is breeding these, hold off for a couple of months ok? :D

ButhidaeBomb

Cant Re-Member
Old Timer
i can say this...ive turned down $100 offers NUMEROUS times on mine. i even turned down a $150 offer once. they are simple not replacable. unless by sheer luck you find one. finding a brood would be a miracle and might make a small fortune to whoever owns them. im talking on the US market of course.
all that being said, i have listed my A. liouvillei in trades offers to people before (not intending to trade it really), and they have not mentioned wanting it or any additional info. seems A. bicolor and A. crassi are in more demand. which takes me by suprise because they all look similar but some are more rare than others. im just a fan of black scorps. like Nomad said...doesnt mean theyll sell. alot of people are strict on their wishlist and dont buy things simply because they happen to be for sale at any given time. me on the other hand (and prolly loads of other people) would buy a rare species at the drop of a hat even if they dont need it or want it. prolly just simply to turn a profit. you could ALMOST turn a profit on either of the mentioned species no matter what you originally pay...within reason.

that basicly means to you, NevularScorpion, if either species becomes available for sale, buy them all or as many as you can afford for almost double what you would normally pay. i would think a good rule of thumb for both species would be a 50% price jump over the real-time cost of A. australis, A. bicolor, and P. transvaalicus. at that price, you should be able to at least break even in the event you had to dump them to pay bills or rent or something later in life.

Jorpion

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Rowdy's not interested in selling his A. liouvillei BECAUSE HE'S GOING to send it to me free of charge... (dreaming).

LOL - Jeff

ButhidaeBomb

Cant Re-Member
Old Timer
its already in the mail jorpion!! lol. you know, honestly....i really wish i could send it to you. if i had a spare, id soo share the wealth.

ButhidaeBomb

Cant Re-Member
Old Timer
thats easier said than done. i will however give it a good shot. he hardly EVER comes out from under his sand stone ledges. when he does (late at night) he is constantly moving. ill see what i can do. ill try to post a new thread with pics....dont wanna hijack this thread.

saxman146

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
thats easier said than done. i will however give it a good shot. he hardly EVER comes out from under his sand stone ledges. when he does (late at night) he is constantly moving. ill see what i can do. ill try to post a new thread with pics....dont wanna hijack this thread.
Pics up yet?

ButhidaeBomb

Cant Re-Member
Old Timer
sorry for the delay. had to take my kids to get vaccinations today for school. ugghhh. hep a shots are very costly!!!
im going to wait till tonight until he comes out and then ill try to get a few pics before he vanishes back under his rock. he is BY FAR the most reclusive scorp i have ever owned. the first sign of light (at night) and he is off and running toward his hide. really aggravating at times! im sriouslly thinking about trading him for more mauretanicus and/or crassicauda....merely because he doesnt come out to "display" himself. then again...neither does most of my a. bicolors.
if and when i get a pic, i will post it the picture thread...you should be able to view it by clicking on the number for pics under my user name. stay tuned and keep checking for pics. doom doom doom!! lol.