Price on B. Boehmei

dennis

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I was looking in some reptile store today, to get some wood snips for my rosie, and I saw they had some nice fat T's. They looked a lot like Brachypelma Boehmei, but the girl who was in the store didn't know for sure either. They look well fed, but the price bothers me a little. €45 for one spider, that would be about $45 I think... Is this a normal price??

Ðennis

Brandon

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Dennis,
If the Brachypelma boehmei are as big as you say they are, then $45 is a steal!, babies are decently rare and adualts moreso, So if I were you i would go get it. Be warned though they kick hair, and they do it alot!

Sincerely,

Brandon

krystal

Arachnodite
Old Timer
i shelled out $69 for mine, and it was only about 4" at the time. of course, it was from a local mom and pop pet store.

Mojo Jojo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I think that you should get a hold of the store owner/person in charge of ordering. Find out exactly what it was that they ordered. How big is it? If it is a boehmei, and it is at least a juvi, and you have the 45 euros to spare, then definately snatch it up! I think that it is prettier than the B. smithi and most other species of tarantula too.

Good Luck
Bd

dennis

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
hey, cool guys!
I will go back to that store tomorrow and ask the spider-expert for some more details. They are about as bis as my rosie (seen in some other threads). Their colors dont look that bright anymore, so they may be in a pre-molt...

Wouldn't it be cool to buy both male and female and try to mate em ... nahh, im drooling a little now :).

Ðennis

dennis

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Now that I'm looking for some more pictures of the B. Boehmei, the spider in the reptile store looks more like the B. Baumgarteni... I guess they aren't that common in the hobby, because I rarely see them on pricelists... So is that €45 good for the Baumgarteni as well?

Ðennis

Last edited: