Pretty sling enclosures.

Rhino1

Arachnobaron
Hey forum, Just looking for ideas on spiderling enclosures that look super neat on display, I'm thinking more like along the lines of some sort of tiny square micro terrariums.I don't want to sound like a sook but where I keep my slings year in year out always looks more like the Tupperware cupboard in the kitchen. Also I'm super keen on diy too and was thinking on making my own Thanks in advance, pics or links appreciated.
Regards Rhino1 (Ryan)

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
Probably be really easy to just stick small pieces of acrylic together in rectangular prisms or cubes. Could probably make up to a dozen from one small sheet too.

What's a sook?

Vanisher

Arachnoking
Old Timer
The slings usally grows out of their enclosures that fast that i personally dont think its worth the hussle. I go for simplicity with deli cups, and design neat adult tanks instead!. But by all means, this is a neat idea. Upload some pics on your neat sling enclosures when ready!

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
Ahaha lol that's gold, not sure if it's Aussie slang or not, I guess it's like someone that complains a lot, cries like a wee babby
Hecks a babby? You mean baby?

Lol I agree with vanisher btw. Wouldn't waste my time with it. Aussie species grow at a decent rate. They'd really only be in use for maybe six months to a year I think. Guess it depends on how often you're circulating slings through them.

Rhino1

Arachnobaron
The slings usally grows out of their enclosures that fast that i personally dont think its worth the hussle.
Yer, that was my mindset a few years ago but honestly Im constantly growing slings, I might purchase 6 of one species from one hobbyist and then later another 5-6 from an unrelated breeder and then in 6-12 months choose the most vigorous unrelated M's and F's to keep for my future breeding programs and sell or swap the others to fund different species, it's a vicious cycle I know and yep its slow, but for me it's the most rewarding way of doing things plus this way I'm not directly supporting the wild caught trade which is important imo.
Lol I agree with vanisher btw. Wouldn't waste my time with it. Aussie species grow at a decent rate. They'd really only be in use for maybe six months to a year I think.
Most do, I have some selenotypus sp. slings this year that have to be the slowest growing T's I've dealt with so far and that's still 6-12 months of looking at deli cups and assorted tubs.

Nonnack

Arachnoknight
Even for slings I try to put together nice enclosure. I use plastic containers, setting decoration is about 5 min of work, so it is not such a waste if time, even for T that will outgrow enclosure in few months.

Rhino1

Arachnobaron
Even for slings I try to put together nice enclosure. I use plastic containers, setting decoration is about 5 min of work, so it is not such a waste if time, even for T that will outgrow enclosure in few months.

Awesome man, I love this type of set up. I have seen a lot of your pics whilst foraging around in this forum, I love your vivariums and it's definitely given me inspiration to keep going, not so long ago the bulk of my inverts were all in deli cups and cloudy storage tubs on a dark shelf. Legend bruz:cool:

docwade87

Arachnoknight
Thank you! Simple, effective and cost effective (maybe $10 each with everything)Plus they look nice.

I have used both soldering iron and a very small drill bit. The arboreal sling enclosures pictured in previous post I used soldering iron; it worked but not as clean as drill bit with acrylic. I found that I like the drill bit for the acrylic, and the soldering iron for plastic like one below..

ReclusiveKritter99

Arachnopeon
Thank you! Simple, effective and cost effective (maybe $10 each with everything)Plus they look nice.

I have used both soldering iron and a very small drill bit. The arboreal sling enclosures pictured in previous post I used soldering iron; it worked but not as clean as drill bit with acrylic. I found that I like the drill bit for the acrylic, and the soldering iron for plastic like one below..
Thank you! They look awesome! I can imagine they'd save space, too, since the holes are on the sides instead of on top.

overwrite123

Arachnopeon
I hate putting my pets in opaque enclosures so I make my own from acrylic. For my tiny slings I designed and laser cut this enclosure from 1,5mm acrylic. It is 35mm by 60mm and the holes are 2mm in diameter:

and here is my enclosure next to the standard european small sling enclosure