• P. rufilata

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • P. formosa

Votes: 2 5.1%

• Total voters

invertepet

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Pretty simple - which do you think looks the best? Notice I am not including miranda and metallica, since almost none of us (if any) have ever seen either in person, and you can only have 10 choices! :p

And as a side-thread topic: How do YOU pronounce Poecilotheria?

bill

Last edited:

LaRiz

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I gotta go with P. regalis. If they weren't so common in the hobby they would be the high end species. They're large, have a contrasting black and white, and bright lemon-yellow caution banding.
I'm surprised that P. ornata isn't up there. They're a close second to me. All that purple.
Poecilotheria (pee-suh-luh-THI-ree-uh) according to an ATS Forum article (July/Aug. '97), A Key to the Pronunciation and Meaning of Scientific Names of Popular Species, written by Henry F. Beechhold, English Professor at the College of NJ.
john

petitegreeneyes

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I too chose the P.Regalis with Ornata being my second choice. My Heidi is really gorgeous and my Isis is a close second, even though my rufiliata is pretty too. But overall without the metallica as a choice I picked the regalis.

motorteipidpa

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
man,ive really been slaughtering it then.i thought it was pronounced poke-ilo-theer-ia
Tom

atavuss

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Originally posted by invertepet
Pretty simple - which do you think looks the best? Notice I am not including miranda and metallica, since almost none of us (if any) have ever seen either in person, and you can only have 10 choices! :p

And as a side-thread topic: How do YOU pronounce Poecilotheria?

bill
I pronounce it "poke" everyone will know what I am talking about......
:D
Ed

invertepet

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Originally posted by LaRiz

I'm surprised that P. ornata isn't up there. They're a close second to me. All that purple.
Ornata's up there...

Venom

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I voted for subfusca , but I also really like rufilata.

AlbinoDragon829

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
P. Metallica is the best, hands down. You can't get any better than a blue and black pokie.

dilleo

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
miranda for me. no other pokey I like more than miranda. HEAR THAT!?

-Jeremy

Joy

Priestess of Pulchra-tude
Old Timer
Originally posted by LaRiz
I gotta go with P. regalis. If they weren't so common in the hobby they would be the high end species. They're large, have a contrasting black and white, and bright lemon-yellow caution banding.
john
Interestingly, I've found P. regalis shows some purple, too, at least in photographs. The picture below is a regalis carapace and not touched up in any way. Must be some kind of refractive light effect, as I've never noticed it with the naked eye.

Joy

Last edited:

Tarantula Lover

Psalmopoeus Lover
Old Timer
hey

great pic Joy, and i think the regalis looks the best by far!

James

P.S- if metallica was in the pet trade, then definatily that!