Premolt?

Isaax Critterz

Arachnoknight
My G.pulchra molted less than 1 month ago and I thing she might be in it again. She sealed up her burrow and is moving less. But she did take down the meal-worm I gave her. But her abdomen has gotten shinier and bigger. Any tips? I already know the basic pre-molt signs but this is different.

ladyratri

Arachnobaron
Arachnosupporter
Seems unlikely for a pulchra at just 1 month. Nothing special to do either way though, just let it do its thing. Make sure it has access to water if it wants to drink.

Photo would definitely tell us more.

mack1855

Arachnoangel
Arachnosupporter +
And your sure of the molt?....you actually found a molt?30 days ago...I dont think so....that would be really unheard of .If you found a legit molt,IMO,no way.

mack1855

Arachnoangel
Arachnosupporter +
critical info....did you find a physical molt that you could pull out from the enclosure?.

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
Not likely. My pulchra slings molted once and have yet to molt again months later.

Post pictures.

NMTs

Spider Wrangler
Arachnosupporter +
My G. pulchra all went through an underground phase as slings, even when not in premolt - it's not unusual for them to stay buried for months-long stretches. Just keep the water dish full, and you can drip a little water down into the burrow for it to drink once a week or so. Leave prekilled prey at the mouth of the burrow and the T will likely come get it at night, but if not just remove it the next day.

Isaax Critterz

Arachnoknight
critical info,,,,,how big is the t in question??
just under 1 inch

My G. pulchra all went through an underground phase as slings, even when not in premolt - it's not unusual for them to stay buried for months-long stretches. Just keep the water dish full, and you can drip a little water down into the burrow for it to drink once a week or so. Leave prekilled prey at the mouth of the burrow and the T will likely come get it at night, but if not just remove it the next day.
she sealed up her borrew

cold blood

Staff member
just under 1 inch
there ya go.....when slings are small, the molt cycles are much much shorter, and its also very easy to fatten them up, often taking just one to three meals...which means they can indeed enter pre-molt just weeks after the last molt.....so yeah, it very possible.

Isaax Critterz

Arachnoknight
there ya go.....when slings are small, the molt cycles are much much shorter, and its also very easy to fatten them up, often taking just one to three meals...which means they can indeed enter pre-molt just weeks after the last molt.....so yeah, it very possible.
thanks btw I have a question. How often will juveniles of this species molt?

critical info....did you find a physical molt that you could pull out from the enclosure?.
Not yet, they have not molted yet but I'm suspecting within sometime in the next 2-3 weeks.

No pic no helpf

as long as they eat and poop- no issues
[/QUThey did eat the worm I fed them but they still are balding. I'm not sure slings have the ability to kick their hairs but losing hairs is a common pre-molt+ slings can still eat whilst in pre-molt
Not likely. My pulchra slings molted once and have yet to molt again months later.

Post pictures.
sound about correct.