Pregnant?

Seengs

Arachnopeon
I am really new to the hobby, so I am pretty ingnorant about a lot... Are there any sure signs that your scorp is pregnant? The one I am wondering about it an Opistophthalmus boehmi.

hadrurus 666

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
hi and welcome to arachnoboards. If im not mistaken a pregnant female will refuse food. Also, if you expose her to some light you may be able to see some scorpion embryos through her membrane. And she would also be more agressive than usual.

Seengs

Arachnopeon
Well, the reason I ask is that my Opistophtalmus has a large bulge on the right side of its body... I wish I had a dig camera to show it. Any ideas what it may be?

tabor

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
A paudicens of mine has a bulge..but i think its a tumor / parasite :(

Seengs

Arachnopeon
It may be what's wrong with mine... I bought it about a week ago and it seemed fine, then a few days ago it developed the bulge. It's eating and seems fine though. I'll just have to wait and see I guess.

Bayushi

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
If the scorpion looked fine and then developed the bulge, it might be an impaction in it's digestive tract.

Tabor: Is your H paucidens a wild caught? I have a WC male H trog with a bulge and upon closer inspection it turned out to be a scar from doing battle with most likely another scorpion.

Bayushi

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
If the scorp is still able to go to the bathroom, there should be no worries. on the other hand an impaction can very likely lead to the death of the scorpion as it can't pass waste...

Edit- That's assuming this is an impaction and not something else like a parasite

Seengs

Arachnopeon
Show me the scorpion ex-lax order page then... I hope everything comes out alright for him. I'm already attached. :)