predatory mites

Christianb96

Arachnoknight
i need to order some predatory mites but im unsure of a specific species, and was wondering if any one had any recomendations, also are there any that do not feed on spring tails?

Hisserdude

Arachnoking
I am personally against the idea of using predatory mites in your enclosures, since all species seem to eat springtails and will decimate their populations, and they actually stress out some invertebrates just as much as grain/soil mites do, (Corydidarum pygmaea for example won't reproduce with these present in their enclosure).

Christianb96

Arachnoknight
well the mites seem to be originating from my hissers, at first i thought they where beneficial but my scorpions that feed on the hissers had an explosive mite population out of no where. a substrate change will decimate the springtails anyways. the hisser bin has extremly low humidity and the mites still seem to thrive so idk what to do other then try predatory mites

Hisserdude

Arachnoking
well the mites seem to be originating from my hissers, at first i thought they where beneficial but my scorpions that feed on the hissers had an explosive mite population out of no where. a substrate change will decimate the springtails anyways. the hisser bin has extremly low humidity and the mites still seem to thrive so idk what to do other then try predatory mites
Are you sure those are predatory mites rather than the common hisser mites in the hisser tank?

What kind of springtails are you using in your scorp's enclosure? If your scorpion has grain mites, try adding some Sinella curviseta to your enclosure, those have done remarkably well to eradicate grain mites from my enclosures.

Christianb96

Arachnoknight
Are you sure those are predatory mites rather than the common hisser mites in the hisser tank?

What kind of springtails are you using in your scorp's enclosure? If your scorpion has grain mites, try adding some Sinella curviseta to your enclosure, those have done remarkably well to eradicate grain mites from my enclosures.
i have pink tropical springtails. the mite is a redish brown, and looks like a spider mite (maybe it is). is it possible for the springtails to out compete the mites?