Pre-Molt or just fat?

Roblicious

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
The cricket ran into its burrow and has never been seen again im assuming its been eaten lol

Roblicious

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Yeah I was going to try feeding today then it came out and I was like whoa lol

Roblicious

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Yeah thats the plan, my P boreus is going to molt soon too, buncha fattys lol

Roblicious

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
He molted :D I hhavent seen him in a while so I figured something was up.

I peaked in and saw some exo skeleton, but I had to lift the pot out to grab it and low and behold, there he is, freshly molted sitting right next to his exo skeleton. Very jumpy and defensive lol.

Very noticeable size difference though lots of coco fiber stuck here and there tried to clean him off but yeah pointless, but I did notice one thing, one of his claws near the top where it 'lumps' there is a 'dent' I am thinking since it was freshly molted and all soft and it was pressed up against something, it would of made the dent? I cant take a picture right now, as I have put the pot back in and I dont want to disturb him. He doesnt open the claw, but when I pushed my small tongs in between he was able to snap and hang on to it, so I know it 'functions' still and he is able to still move that arm freely.

Is this something that I should be concerned about? Or just a minor 'defect' that just so happens during molts?

So dont feed for a week right?

Bayushi

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Gratz on the moulting and yeah, give it about a week to harden up.

If the chela is functionng, I would not worry about it. I had a P imp that had its chela messed up due to a moult and she lived a long full life.

Roblicious

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Yeah he wont open it, but when I pushed something really thin in between he was able to snag on and hold on to it

Then again most of my scorpions only one claw and pull the other one back when I get something near it, only using both when capturing prey

While it was out, I inspected it for like any rips or tears on its exo skeleton didnt see anything besides that 'dent' and coco fiber stuck in various places, their blood color isnt the same as ours right? is it red?

EDIT

He stuck his other claw out and I noticed that he has a 'dent' on this one too but instead of on the top where the bump/curve is its at the bottom/middle.

I have never really paid much attention to their claws, until now at least.

Last edited: