Pre and post molt

NightCrawler

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
This is my two l.parahybana pre and post molt pics. Dee Dee is the first two and Dexter is the next two. Don't mind the names. Just my wifes silly idears :D

Attachments

ACoopBB24

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
i have an L. parahybana 2.......its amazing for fast they grow isnt it

NightCrawler

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I really can't say. Have only had them for a month and they have only molted once. But I have heard before that they grow fast so i'm looking forward to their next molt already :) But before I measured them after their molt I thought them to have grown really much :)
Btw is it normal for l.parahybanas to be green after a molt? Because the colour of them on the postmolt pics is their colour right now. Thinking of them being black as adults.

Last edited:

ACoopBB24

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
well.... i guess they do look kinda quirky after molting.... my little one is usually a tint of blue when she emerges and keeps it for a little while.... then she gets back to her even more beautiful blackish color

NightCrawler

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Mine where kinda blue too when they emerged but they went green quite fast. To be honest I were a little nervous that they was not l.parahybanas afterall for a little while, but then again i'm a newbie so I guess that could be a normal feeling when one don't know better :) But they are amazing no matter what :) I have heard them to be skittish and defensive but so far they tollerate me handling them without any problems

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
man, i dont have much to say except i'm down with the Dexter's Lab names :)

unless the names are totally by coincidence?
nice pics though!

peace
dave

NightCrawler

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
RugbyDave
The names are from Dexter's Lab :D But we don't know if the names fits the T's sex. It's so that we can tell them apart :)

MizM

Arachnoprincess
Old Timer
: =D DEE DEE GET OUT OF MY LAB!!: =D

Great pictures, when I get my digital camera, I'll have to try that method. Is that just a dishtowel in a box? Works well!

At first I though the ruler was in inches... I was gonna say WHOA!! Sheesh, what an American!!:rolleyes:

NightCrawler

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
MizM
Yes that is an dishtowel in a box. We got them that day and didn't know how to make it most comftable for them to pose for the pics so we just went with the dishtowel :)
I forgot that you americans use inches when I posted the pics so I forgot to mention that it was in centimeters :8o
Btw wierd enough we use the name inchruler allthough it measuers centimeters :?

Godzilla2000

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I hope I'm not intruding up the Lasiodora parahybana parade, which I do own one but I don't have any pics yet. But since this is a molt thread I'd like to post up a pic of my OBT after she molted today. I don't know if any of you remember my big important announcement a few monthes ago stating I bought one at the store but to give you the short abridged version of the story, I bought Tang at the petstore not knowing she had only 7 legs until I put her in her emclosure. Well she now has 8 legs angain and looking nice. Although she is a little angry with me for wrecking her burrow to retrieve the exuvia, at least I could see her new leg and snap a fuzzy shot of it.

Attachments

Godzilla2000

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Originally posted by NightCrawler
MizM
Yes that is an dishtowel in a box. We got them that day and didn't know how to make it most comftable for them to pose for the pics so we just went with the dishtowel :)
I forgot that you americans use inches when I posted the pics so I forgot to mention that it was in centimeters :8o
Btw wierd enough we use the name inchruler allthough it measuers centimeters :?
Dude, the centigrade scale does not bother me a bit. Whatever makes you comfortable. I mean I can just look up the size difference on my handle little tape measure here.

MizM

Arachnoprincess
Old Timer
Well, your dishtowel-in-a-box method worked great! (Just WAIT till I get my camera!):D

NightCrawler

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Originally posted by Godzilla2000
I hope I'm not intruding up the Lasiodora parahybana parade, which I do own one but I don't have any pics yet. But since this is a molt thread I'd like to post up a pic of my OBT after she molted today. I don't know if any of you remember my big important announcement a few monthes ago stating I bought one at the store but to give you the short abridged version of the story, I bought Tang at the petstore not knowing she had only 7 legs until I put her in her emclosure. Well she now has 8 legs angain and looking nice. Although she is a little angry with me for wrecking her burrow to retrieve the exuvia, at least I could see her new leg and snap a fuzzy shot of it.
Good to hear that Tang has all eight legs again. T's are best looking when thay are 100% okey :)

Originally posted by Godzilla2000
Dude, the centigrade scale does not bother me a bit. Whatever makes you comfortable. I mean I can just look up the size difference on my handle little tape measure here.
Good that some people don't mind the centigrade. I had quite some difficulties having to measure all i inches since only very few people still use inches i Denmark :)