post your T. blondi pics

TheWidowsPeak

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I would like to see all of your T. blondi pics to see who all has large ones. maybe I'll print one out and put it on the side of my blondi's tank to give it something to inspire it.

MrT

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Heres my little bundle of itch.
Just molted a week ago. 3" legspan.. I think its male.

Ernie

Attachments

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
i've (somehow) got a pic of adrian's blondi.. i dunno if he'd be bothered if i posted it.. so i won't for now.. :)

pce
dave

belewfripp

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
She recently molted, about 4-5 days ago, and I have to say, my imagination never quite prepared me for how large these spiders are. You can see in the photo that she took two hands to hold even when she's standing still, well she's added a good inch and a half to her legspan with this molt. Just huge. I find myself turning around every five minutes and shining a flashlight beam into the tank just so I can look at how massive this spider is.

Adrian

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
thats such a cool pic, adrian!!!!! Not that you would have cared, but i didnt want to post it without your consent, you know...

they're a great species.. them and parahybanas.. man oh man..

:)

peace
dave

MrT

Arachnoking
Old Timer
When do the slings lose some of their long hair?
I mean the hair on my sling is twice as long as on Adrians adult. :? And they molted about the same time..

E

belewfripp

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Actually that photo was taken about two months before the molt, and that particular one (I have 3) was wildcaught, so she was pretty worn down. She has a lot of longer hair again now that she's got a freshly molted body again. T. blondi does kind of have an awkward looking phase though, where the hairs are all real long but the legs just don't have any thickness to them. Give it until it is about 4-5 inches and the legs and rest of the body will start getting thicker and the spider will look less like Cousin It.

Adrian

Craig

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
w/c immatue male 8"? leg span. he has molted and has been sold. so this pic would come out it had to be taken from far away.

Attachments

rosehaired1979

Arachnoking
Old Timer
This is RoadRunner. Its about 2.5" to 3" now. This pic were taken the other night by my husband.

atmosphere

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Those are amazing !!!!:D Arent you scared That large one looks like it's fangs could go right through your hand ?