Post pics of your arboreal setups

atavuss

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
the enclosure on the left (it is a ten gallon "hex" aquarium) was set up for a h. maculata, there are three panels of cork bark siliconed to the back three walls, there is a hole in one panel (it was a knot hole that I enlarged with a hole saw), the maculata would use the hole to access the area behind the cork bark and hide out there. the enclosure on the right I use for pokies and avics (there is a juv crested gecko in the enclosure pictured).

Last edited:

atavuss

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I use these tall (about 12") one gallon plastic rubbermaid "clones" for several adult female a. versicolors. I bred one of the females and she had a fertile egg sac, so I don't think the smallish size of the enclosure is an issue. I use a hole saw and cut a 2" hole out of the top which I then hot glue microscreen in. ventilation is excellent.
Ed

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
I love the communal regalis setup! How large is it?
I have a 100 gallon tank I'm considering doing a communal type thing with either regalis, or A avic. instead of dividing it into 5-6 separate enclosures.
It would be easier to not have to divide it, and I like the idea of a communal experiment!

Kreepy

Arachnopeon
wow

dude, that's a gorgeous setup and a fantastic pic. I guess your T's a Buddhist, huh? :D

what you've done there is exactly what I see in my mind when I imagine a little bit of the jungle in my home, but my setup sucks compared to that. you could take out the T and I'd still stare at that tank for hours. I'm envious...

manville

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Re: wow

woah thats a really nice looking setup..the best one i have seen so far..how long have you had them in a community for?

Vys

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Atavuss:
The hex one and its companion look very nice!
I cannot conjure up any softening words just now though, so I'll just say the last one makes my eyes water :)

Jakob

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Here's the setup I will do my fasciata breeding in. The female is currently in pre-molt (see pic below) and the male will be coming a few weeks after she molts.

Here she is hiding behind all the webbing she did recently...

Jake

metallica

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Re: Re: wow

Originally posted by manville
how long have you had them in a community for?
i have this set up a year and a half now, bred twice in it!
it mesures 80x40x50 cm (lxwxh) today 2 adult females, 1 subadult male and 50 or so spiderlings live there. a second contailer holds 25 young from last year! this tank is trully a site to be seen.... at night!

Bry

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Finally, here's my A. avic setup. Thanks for the jar idea, caligulathegod, it's working out great.

Rear view of the cage. You can see the avic's butt behind the cork bark.

Bry

SkyeSpider

Spider Queen
Old Timer
Re: re pics

Originally posted by Hairyspider
1st same tank as spidertwin:D
Where did you two get those? I've never seen them before :)

-Bryan

Jakob

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Bryan....I've been wondering myself...those tanks look perfect!

I'd like to get a few...they'd fit nicely and look neat!

Jake

Gillian

Arachnoblessed
Old Timer
Bry,
Thanks for this thread. Looks like I'll have my sole arboreal for a long time. I shone a flashlight at my A. avic's underside today, and she sure looks female to me.
The Vlassic Bread and Butter pickle jar won't be big enough real soon. (she's been going through a growth spurt)
As soon as I get her future home set up, I'll get pics in. The container I'll be using is a octagon fish tank, approxiamtely 5 gallons. They are frequently sold as a Betta display tank, with glass partitions, to seperate it off. I just need to figure out a workable lid, for it.
Peace,
Gillian

Bry

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I really like what you did with your A. versicolor, Martin. Very interesting how yours used the shape of a leaf to build a tube web. That looks like something they might do in nature, and the webbing in the picture seems to be a lot thicker than the webs I've seen in avic enclosures.

How did you go about getting it started in a free range enclosure? Did you encounter any problems with having a free range tarantula? What was the reason, if any, that caused you to discontinue keeping her "free range"? Was it because of death or what?

Bry