Post molt A. Metallica

bluerich74

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
My little guy,girl molted again.Its been 3 times in the last 2 months now.Still only about the size of a 50 cent piece .Sorry about the sucky picture quality.i dont know what Im doin wrong.I have an olympus,but only 2.0 mp's

skadiwolf

Arachnolord
Old Timer
beautiful T, that's one on my wishlist. :)

suggestions for pics:

- make sure you aren't too close and therefore messing with the autofocus function. or, put it in manual focus mode if available.

- use a flash, this will freeze any action and highlight the spider and its colors as well. unless you have a tripod, it takes a LOT of luck to hold still enough to take a good picture of any living creature.

hope this helps. :)

Godzilla2000

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
My Metallica is still a little speck. But I know they get really huge. I'm just crossing my fingers she/he molts soon.

Damnathius

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
In addition to using the flash, check to see if your camera has a "Macro" function, which is used for very close-in shots. Many mid to upper end digi cameras have this function. :)

bluerich74

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
i do use macro.the picture seem nuch clearer in my camera viwer before i put them on the computer,heres one of my p.formosa.it is much clearer for some reason...rich

dennis

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Man, I just love A. metallica post molt pictures!! Too bad I haven't been able to make one yet :( . I have 2 1/2-3/4" spiderlings for over a month now, and they just won't molt, grrr!

Dennis

Damnathius

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
That's a cool paint job on your spider, Rich. :)

My Kodak seems pretty finicky about pics as well... Sometimes they are great, and other times they are crappy. Even using a tripod and the timer it is iffy.

Oh well. :)

SpiderTwin

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Nice looking A. metallica,
I'm waiting for mine to molt too, it just started building a web a few days ago.

Dennie, have the legs on your two slings darkened up yet? That is a good indicator when a molt is getting close.

dennis

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Originally posted by SpiderTwin

Dennie, have the legs on your two slings darkened up yet? That is a good indicator when a molt is getting close.
They haven't darked up yet. I know what you mean about darkening up, I have seen pics about that on www.bighairyspiders.com ... But anyway, their butts are black, and you can kinda see the new skin trough it, so that tells me a molt is near, very near.

Dennis

SpiderTwin

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Ya,
I usually watch for the legs to darken up, once that happens, it should only be a couple of days until the molt. Good luck with your slings.