Post a picture

ballpython2

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I'm not good with measurements can someone post a picture of a 1" tarantula so i can see how big my one inchers will be when i get them..

kyrga

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
This pic is a 1.25" g. rosea. Those tiles you see in the background are about the size of my fingernail on my index finger. I have a picture of her next to a quarter, but sadly, they're on my camera phone.

That, by the way isn't the container I keep her in, I was in the process of unpacking her and I just had to stop for pics :)

Last edited:

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Well it really depends on how the person selling you them measures them, because 1" LS(legspan) is smaller then 1" BL(body length). I'm pretty sure it's going to be legspan though, so just get a ruler and look at how big an inch is. Now picture the T with it's full legspan fitting between there.

kyrga

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
No problem.

I was definately surprised when I got this little guy and my avic, I didn't imagine they'd be this small. I'm glad I got slings though, they're so quirky.

Be warned, they can fit through TINY spaces! They can somehow squeeze their fat little booties through a space no wider than an 1/8 of an inch, maybe smaller..... and a 1" spider can be hard to find!

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
the water dish is a chapstick cap.

ratz00

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Thats gonna be hard. IMO there is really no way to accurately measure a T's legspan unless it is dead, even then it would be a task. LS is an approximation of the total length of the T's legspan measure diagonally from the tip of the last leg to the tip of the first leg on the opposite side of the T. So unless you can tell the T to spread its legs and not move while you get a ruler, then a 1" inch T can very well be anywhere from .75" to 1.25" depending on how spread apart the T's legs are. A well fed 1" T, might look just as big as a starving 1.2" T... anyway, just to help out, here is a pic of my newly molted A. geniculata beside a 1 peso coin. The coin is an inch across, so if you can reduce this pic to where the coin is an inch, you can kinda picture how your new acquisitions would look... hope this helps.