Possible to bury Curly Hair alive?

Krakilin

Arachnopeon
I added some extra peat just incase he falls from the roof. But, in the process, I buried him. :[ Can it take the weight?

I know they're burrowers...

Last edited:

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Umm I would just get him out. If you are not comfortable reaching in there and doing it just get a chopstick or something and get him out. It would not be a good idea to leave him like that.

Avic_Addict

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Yes, it is possible and yes, you really do want to get him out ASAP.

I have has spiders posted to me on thick layers of substrate :wall: which have of course buried the spider during transport. In all of these cases the spiders were DOA or died shortly afterwards. A look at the bodies under the microscope in the veterinary diagnostics lab showed rupture of the internal organs and booklungs full of substrate.

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
unless you are talking about dumping a 30 kilo bag directly on top of the spider i would say it is fine.

if the spider was in its burrow and you dumped more sub on top it should be fine... unless you are talking about some serious weight.

i would say you are more likely to injure it poking aroudn with chop sticks rather than letting the spider take care of itself.

a little more details on how this came to pass would probably let me give you a better answer.