possible premolt

Paladin

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
right now, my rosea is bulldozing some of its substrate out from under his half log and has put a sheet of silk that connects from the substrate to the top of his log. The sheet only covers 1/3 of the entrance but i dont think its done. Are these signs of premolt?

also, on its abdomen, it has a spot where not that much hair is growing but it isnt bald either...

MrT

Arachnoking
Old Timer
It sounds like it could be pre-molt. But with G. rosea you never know. How long ago was its last molt?
The silk on the substrate may be just for comfort sake. The fact that its starting to cover the front of its hide could be because its going into hiding too molt. The web will keep out crickets and alike. Alot of T's, just before molting will lay down a pad of silk as a molting bed. I watched my last T that molted lay down said molting bed , and then it kicked most if not all its hair on it. They do this to ward off any intruders that may venture in while they molt. It was the first time I've seen this. Really cool.
Has you T been turning down its prey lately? Thats another sing of a pending molt.
Let us know how it goes, :)

Ernie

Paladin

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
i dont know when its last molt was because i recently bought it. Last night it didnt refuse a cricket. ill just wait a while to see if it closes it off more or not.

Tranz

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Originally posted by Paladin
i dont know when its last molt was because i recently bought it. Last night it didnt refuse a cricket. ill just wait a while to see if it closes it off more or not.
I've found that they start webbing before they stop eating.