Possible egg sac question

Maggie

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I have asked this question elsewhere and no input. So i am going to ask it here.
I have two wild caught females, an A. seemani and a A. avicularia. One looks gravid and is re-arranging her enclosure. The other one i was sure was not gravid when i got her but she is now getting very large.
Is there any way to tell for positive? Or is it just a wait and see kind of thing?
This will be my first experience with this, so i am going into it sort of blinded except for what i have read and asking others who are more experienced than i. Thank you.

jwb121377

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Well it is pretty much a wait and see kind of thing. If they are wild caught they may indeed be gravid and lay a egg sac. It could take a year or more for them to make one though and if they molt they won't be gravid.

Botar

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Jeremy said it all. Even with T's you've bred yourself it is difficult to be sure if they will produce an egg sac or not. My only advice would be to keep an eye on prey species. If she's not interested in eating, don't leave them in the enclosure. They could present a problem if she starts to make an egg sac. If nothing else, it will require you to disturb her to remove the prey after the sac has been made.

Good luck and be sure to let us know if you do get an egg sac. There is a wealth of knowledge and experience on this board to help you with any questions you may have.

Botar