Possible caved in burrow

Al Muoio

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I'm starting to worry. It's been a week I haven't seen my Stipped Knee T. It burrowed down to the bottom of the Pet Pal about 3.5 inches. I can see her thru the bottom but her burrow is all closed up at top. Could it have caved in? I use Jungle Mix. I hope she can get air down there. The thought of being buryied alive worries me. Should I do anything or is this normal?
Blessings, Al

Wade

Arachnoking
Old Timer
It's pretty normal for burrowing T's to seal up their burrows from time to time. Often, this is in preperation for an upcoming molt. The best thing is to leave it alone.

The oxygen needs of tarantulas is so low that suffication isn't an issue, and if it was the spider will have no problem getting out.

Wade

MrT

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Al,
My stripe kneed has been underground for a month now. Just tonite it came out for a drink, then went back down. Its abdomen was black. Should be molting soon.

Ernie

Al Muoio

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Thanks for the info. I might mount the tank on a stand elevated about20 inches with a mirror on the ground faceing up. This way I could still see the T thru the bottom!
Blessings, Al

chaset

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
myn to

Myn has been hiding in her burrow for about a week now, I changed the water dish in her tank yesterday, and i saw her legs stick out,
she came for a peek to see whats going on, she completly webed
over her burrow. this morning.