Resolved Pop-ups?

edesign

AB FB Group Moderatr
Old Timer
Still getting this and ONLY on this site and only on my mobile browser. It hasn't stopped despite being three weeks since the last post. And this time I had to close the tab because the back button didn't work. Still haven't rooted and installed a new OS though which would include a complete wipe of my phone.

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
Still getting this and ONLY on this site and only on my mobile browser. It hasn't stopped despite being three weeks since the last post. And this time I had to close the tab because the back button didn't work. Still haven't rooted and installed a new OS though which would include a complete wipe of my phone.
Don't waste your time doing that. Despite the previous warning from a mod, I tried it anyway. Exact same result, utter waste of time. It's the host of this forum that is pushing through the popups, there's nothing that admins can do about it. This is just part of AB, now.

G. pulchra

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I had a Note 3 for years and just switched to the Google PixelXL, haven't had any pop-ups at all (either phone).

lingmaaki

Arachnopeon
Then I press the back button which gets me the page EulersK posted, I haven't checked it word for word. If I press back button again I get an error at this address, "Webpage not available. ERR_UNKNOWN_URL_SCHEME":
There's a long-standing bug in Chromium regarding how links without protocols are handled. This error does not have a single solution till date because it arises due to a multitude of reasons. The ERR_UNKNOWN_URL_SCHEME error is commonly because of your browser issue . There's no application on your device which can handle that particular action. It is a Chromium bug . In Chrome version 40 and up, this bug has resurfaced, but only if you are manually entering the URL of the redirect page in the address bar. The bug in chromium is responsible, yet everytime a patch is added to solve, the error finds a new way to resurface. The issue is on the chromium issue tracker here.

Common solutions:
  • Prefixing your links with http:// (or https://) should resolve the issue in some cases
  • If Err_Unknown_Url_Scheme error occurs in mailto: or tel: links inside an iframe then you can try to add target="_blank" in your URL Scheme.