• Suntiger

Votes: 15 45.5%
  • Green Bottle Blue

Votes: 18 54.5%

• Total voters

Tarantula Lover

Psalmopoeus Lover
Old Timer
hey, having more trouble, came down to these 2, sorry if i am bugging you guys with polls, thanks,

JAMES

Code Monkey

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Of those two, I'd go for the greenbottle.
First, it's not an arboreal at all, but you seem set on including it with the other arboreals you were considering. So, we can first conclude you secretly really want a greenbottle above and beyond any rational reasoning.
Second, they're bullet proof Ts. They like it dry, they're fast growing, and they always look different in between moults. While nervous, they're not aggressive in any way. Plus, they love to eat. Mine is the only one of my Ts that will readily take food from tongs without hesitation. This means you'd have a T that would never bore or disappoint you.

chaset

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Green Bottle Blue,

First off, Suntigers can be really hard to keep... in there aquariums. I doubt you really want to chase one of these around especially since you stated in other posts that you live with lots of people. the people i live with would kill me if i had a fast aboreal escape and run around the house, (Don't point out the fact that i own a Togo Star Burst) oh wait i already did that.

Second See Code Monkeys Post for good reasons :)

Third Go Terrestrial, bring variety to your T's.

Bjorgly

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I take it your somewhat of a newbie to the hobby because you have only one avic, the suntiger is aboreal and agressive, id go for the greenbottle if your heart is set on either of the 2.
good luck,

Mark

JacenBeers

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
It would be a hard decision for me to make but I think in the end I would choose the Suntiger because arboreals are my fave.

Lasiodora

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Yes, the suntiger is fast and aggressive, but it is beautiful. I've found that they are not any more difficult to keep than pokies. If you want to get into keeping fast aggressive spiders but aren't sure if you're ready then get an avic. Maybe A.versicolor. This will give you an idea of how speedy arboreals are minus the aggressiveness. You can can move up to more aggressive spiders after. My first spider was a Poecilotheria though. So I feel it just depends on how confident you are with working with a species in the first place.
Mike

Tupac Shakur

Botar

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I think it all depends on your experience level. I can tell you that I have a GBB and don't have the suntiger. I haven't reached a level of confidence to venture into the fast and aggressive (defensive) arboreals yet. As someone else mentioned above though, I do have a versicolor... slowly succumbing to the peer pressure and venturing closer to the pokes.

If you do decide to get a GBB, get a sling. From what I understand, they undergo a complete makeover with almost every molt while maturing. I've got a sling that did the molt/makeover thing a couple of weeks ago.

Botar

invertepet

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I agree with the greenbottles being bulletproof. My big adult female is tough as nails, likes it wet or dry and eats like a hog. She also webs a ton, but sits on top of it - best of all worlds! Visible, not too shy, webby, hearty and tough. Not to mention they're near the top of my short list of gorgeous spiders. Blue, green and fire-orange. When viewing my T's (and I do have an adult female suntiger), I get the most 'wows' from the good old cyaneo. A great beginner spider.

P. irminia are also gorgeous in their slick black and yellow-orange coloring, but they are sensitive to drying out, are very fast, very arboreal (jump and cling) and will bite without hesitation. Not a good beginner spider.

bill

rknralf

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Whats up with the sudden rash of 1 eye pic?

Huh?
Whats up with the one eye pics?
I'm really left behind as I haven't figured out how to even have a pic yet?

rknralf

Arachnolord
Old Timer
By the way, the Suntiger is an awesome tarantula! They have the coolest lightning bolt markings on their legs and excellent tiger striping on their abdomens.
A really cool tarantula!

Botar

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
GBB sling

Here's a picture of my GBB sling. It munched a cricket almost as big as itself last night, so the abdomen is quite large.

Botar

kellygirl

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
james,
greenbottle blue... i'm getting 5 GBB slings in december. yay!!! i've wanted one from the day i saw their picture. as far as Ts go, they dont have as beautiful a form/body, per se, as some other desired Ts but if you're looking for color and ease of care, they seem to be the way to go!

kellygirl

rknralf,
jacen started it, dave perpetuated it.

kellygirl

petitegreeneyes

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Oh gosh you need to pick the Suntiger! They are quick growing and just beautiful. I have a juvenile and two smaller juveniles that were slings but not any more. They are cool!

rknralf

Arachnolord
Old Timer
That pic really looks like my Tiger Rump!
are they that close as slings?

Botar

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Yes, they are very similar as slings. I've got two C. fasciatum and they are very similar in markings, but the colors are different. In fact, my second C. fasciatum is molting right now.

Botar