pokies keeping near the substrate

driver

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
i notice my p. regalis likes to get right close to his substrate as opposed to climbing his bark, especially on hotter days. i thought about it a bit and considered that maybe he gets down nice and close to the substrate to stay cool or nearer to the humidity? is there anything odd about this? p regalis is my first arboreal species and i sor tof assumed he'd keep up on his bark for the most part, but all his webbing is near the grond (not even on the bark) and he spends more of his time sprawled out on the side of the tank along the substrate than anywhere else, aside from running all over the place late at night after the sun has gone down...

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Pretty normal. All my big girls have little areas they like to settle down into during the day. But as soon as it's dark out they are out roaming all over the place!

driver

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
i flipped on the light in his room just a few minutes ago to see if he was out and about and he was moving all over his enclosure. then he got up on the tank and drummed against the tank wall a few times. i'm glad to see him perk up at night lots still.