Pokie Question

scjones22

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I have a 3 in Pedersons Ornamental and I think its in pre molt. Do these guys usually go strait after a cricket is its in there with it? Also, Do pokies abdomen turn dark when they are getting ready to molt?

Midnightrdr456

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
with old world i found its a bit harder to tell when they are in pre molt. It could just not be hungry. They get a little darker, but its not like in new world T's where you see very dark area on the bald spot.

I always just put a cricket in, if the next day its still there i take it out

billopelma

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Poec's don't always jump on prey immediatly, I'd leave it in overnight.
As for premolt signs, ditto on what Midnightrdr456 wrote.

Bill

PinkLady

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I've raised two of these beautiful T's...when they are in pre-molt they do not eat...they hide and then they come out all purdy....so if your's has a bigger ab then normal and is not "pouncing" on it's dinner as usual...leave it be. I just find that they are not their normal busy selves when they are about to molt.

Alice

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
usually you can tell premolt by the colurs - they don't necessarily go a lot darker, but they grow somehow dull. usually, when my pokies are hungry, they go straight fot the crix.

scjones22

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
yeah thought it was in pre molt because I left a cricket in there for a day and I saw it this morning so I took it out. Its abdomen doesnt have alot of color right now and Im not sure about the size of it. It looks alittle on the lean side to me but this is my first old world so I dont know. But it is hiding under some of its webbed up substrate. I have been misty once a day is this good enough or should I decrease misting?

Midnightrdr456

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
during molts i sometimes increase to twice a week or so, just to help out. I think this isnt even really needed though, kinda just a habit I have from my boas.