Pokie digging?

stk5m

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I have a 4.5" female p. regalis that is digging. I have her in a medium KK and a flat piece of bark along the back and side for a hide. I have a heat pad under half the tank and she is digging all along the piece of bark. Is this unusual or am I doing something worng? I also fill her water bowl everyday and give the far corner of her cage a misting for humidity.

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Sounds ok to me. My new Regalis are digging as well, not tunnels but adding webbing and subtrate together and hanging curtains of it everywhere.

Trey

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Sounds good to me as well.....Mines burrowing but then again it's a sling. As long as it's eating I wouldn't worry!

xrickus

Arachnopeon
My regalis is constantly moving the substrate; the funny part is that she fills up the water dish (Gatorade cup) with the mixture of web and coconut fibers then moves the dish in a specific corner of the enclosure, dumps it out and returns the dish in the original position.

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I have a 4.5" female p. regalis that is digging. I have her in a medium KK and a flat piece of bark along the back and side for a hide. I have a heat pad under half the tank and she is digging all along the piece of bark. Is this unusual or am I doing something worng? I also fill her water bowl everyday and give the far corner of her cage a misting for humidity.

like this...(scroll down toward the bottom of the thread)

http://www.arachnoboards.com/ab/showthread.php?t=92163

KJE

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
It might be getting too warm from the heat pad. I have read that when t's get too warm they will try to go lower to avoid the heat. Unless your house is consistently below 68 to 70 degrees you don't need a heat pad. Their temps should really be kept around 75-85 degrees with good ventilation.

You also don't need to mist every day. Unless the heat pad is drying out the enclosure too much. I mist mine about once a week and refill the water dish once a week or once every other week depending on how much time I have.

My female regalis stayed low to the ground until she was around 6", so it's not terribly uncommon.

Last edited:

stk5m

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Sounds ok to me. My new Regalis are digging as well, not tunnels but adding webbing and subtrate together and hanging curtains of it everywhere.
Ya thats exactly what she is doin. kinda funny to watch a pokie dig. it's something i didn't expect when i got her. she's eating great. gave her a pinkie about two weeks ago and she loved it. gave her two large crix since and she devours them.