Genus Poecilotheria

BEN-V

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
A little shooting of my biggest adult female Poecilotheria miranda... i love this species. So beautiful {D

best regards,

BEN

Becky

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Gorgeous!! I have P. ornata..bout 3cm sling.. i rarely see any more than some yellow banded feet poking out of its lil burrow under the log lol! However.. when i rehouse it after its next moult.. it should be relatively bigger and im gonna set it up so that i can see it properly!! haha I have a great love for pokies... they're brilliant! I'm saving for a P. smithi and P. metallica at the moment! :D

BEN-V

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
My camera is just a 3 years old Nikon Coolpix 3200, eman. Not very expensive, if you want to buy one.

BEN

eman

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
My camera is just a 3 years old Nikon Coolpix 3200, eman. Not very expensive, if you want to buy one.

BEN
Really? I thought you were using the Nikon 7900 (which is also not very expensive and you can buy a macro lens kit for it)?? In any case, good to know - I'll keep an eye out for the 3200 as well.

That last miranda picture is simply breath taking! :clap:

BEN-V

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Really? I thought you were using the Nikon 7900 (which is also not very expensive and you can buy a macro lens kit for it)?? In any case, good to know - I'll keep an eye out for the 3200 as well.

That last miranda picture is simply breath taking! :clap:
My mother have a Nikon Coolpix 7900 so i might have used it in the past for others pics. I don' t think you can buy macro lens kit for the Coolpix cameras, but i could be wrong. Anyway, there is a macro mode in every Nikon Coolpix that is all i need for shooting tarantulas. If you want to take really macro pictures (like High resolution spermathecs or stidulating organs pics), then you' ll need more than just a coolpix.

BEN

eman

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
My mother have a Nikon Coolpix 7900 so i might have used it in the past for others pics. I don' t think you can buy macro lens kit for the Coolpix cameras, but i could be wrong. Anyway, there is a macro mode in every Nikon Coolpix that is all i need for shooting tarantulas. If you want to take really macro pictures (like High resolution spermathecs or stidulating organs pics), then you' ll need more than just a coolpix.

BEN
I see. Actually, there is a macro lens adapter/filter kit for the Coolpix 7900 - http://cgi.ebay.ca/MacroLens-for-Ni...QQihZ013QQcategoryZ116191QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem / you can also find it on nikon.com

Yes, I have been quite impressed with the macro mode in all the Nikon Coolpix series I've tested so far.

Cheers,

Eman

regalis

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
BEN-V can you pleeease make more pics of your P.ornata ''blue/purple'' ?? ..because the spider is...:drool: :drool: :drool: .