Poecilotheria sexing questions

Royalty

Arachnoknight
The poecilotheria genus are said to be rather sexually dimorphic. I am wondering if you can tell by their patterns before the "mature male" molt without traditional ventral/molt sexing. I have read about the ornata male not having the same darkness as the females do but is that similar with others?

Mine are all pretty small still all around 1 inch so it is a bit too hard to tell at this stage.

Also sorry if I wrote something stupid, I have not slept very well due to working late hours.

Royalty

Arachnoknight
Entire genus can be sexed via the dot method.
Oh yes, I think I heard about it a while back. Do you have a link to a guide? I tried looking around but got a lot of dead links and removed images.

Liquifin

Arachnoking
The poecilotheria genus are said to be rather sexually dimorphic.
The sexual dimorphism only applies for the P. ornata, but the others in the genus are not sexually dimorphic. However, pokies are very easy to ventral sex as long as they're not freshly molted or slings.

Royalty

Arachnoknight
The sexual dimorphism only applies for the P. ornata, but the others in the genus are not sexually dimorphic. However, pokies are very easy to ventral sex as long as they're not freshly molted or slings.
Well they are when the males get the mature molt as far as I have read.

Mine are still pretty small and I do not see spots on the two that are visible. One is an inch, the other about and inch and a half. Does the spot not show up until they are sub adults for males?

Liquifin

Arachnoking
Well they are when the males get the mature molt as far as I have read.
But by then it really wouldn't matter because it's a MM already. And your description basically describes most if not all mature male tarantulas.

Mine are still pretty small and I do not see spots on the two that are visible. One is an inch, the other about and inch and a half. Does the spot not show up until they are sub adults for males?
As I previously stated, ventral sexing pokie slings is almost if not impossible. Better to wait until the juvie size (2.5''+) for more accurate sexing. The dot for males is very easily visible, but just not apparent on smaller sized specimens.