Poecilotheria metallica enclosure

KevinsWither

Arachnodemon
Do you think an adult female Poecilotheria metallica can be housed in a large or x large kritter keeper?

BoyFromLA

Spoon feeder
Arachnosupporter +
You can, but I think critter keeper tends to have more width than height, thus if you ask me, I would not.

KevinsWither

Arachnodemon
You can, but I think critter keeper tends to have more width than height, thus if you ask me, I would not.
I am thinking of standing the kritter keeper on it's side, so that it becomes an aboreal cage of sorts.

BoyFromLA

Spoon feeder
Arachnosupporter +
I am thinking of standing the kritter keeper on it's side, so that it becomes an aboreal cage of sorts.
It is just me, but when it comes to arboreal tarantula enclosure, I would like to have it’s lid on top. That being said, yes, putting critter keeper on it’s side can be a valid option to choose, but I still would not.

0311usmc

Arachnobaron
Extra large kritter keeper would work just fine. I personally plan on using the extra large myself for 2 of my arboreal slings permanent enclosures In another molt or 2 as well.

Poonjab

Arachnoking
It could work. I personally wouldn’t. Maybe I’m just a pansy, but I like easy access for one, and I also prefer more room to work with.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Do you think an adult female Poecilotheria metallica can be housed in a large or x large kritter keeper?
Who knows without measurements

It’s the smallest of the genus- give it plenty of space as they are very fast.

0311usmc

Arachnobaron
An extra large kritter keeper has these dimensions, got this off Amazon through product description
LxWxH
15.88 x 9.38 x 12.5 inches.

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
Most of my poecilotheria are housed in cages wider than tall. Its really not a problem.

Cage will work fine. 16115313649547979771126016849437.jpg

Popolo

Arachnopeon
I can’t imagine it wouldn’t work. I’d also like that you can open them from top and front.

Matt Man

Arachnoprince
critter keepers aren't square so if you put it on end it will lean and can be a tipping/falling threat. Also it will be resting on the lid / door so you will have to tilt it to do any maintenance.
I personally wouldn't do it, the reward to risk ration just ins't there for me. Now add in this is a Marquee Tarantula, typically a centerpiece of ones collection. I would give it a home
deserving of its stature, I wouldn't pair a pricey and beautiful T with a jerry rigged enclosure. If you are trying to save some coin, as others have said, modify a rubbermaid / sterilite

0311usmc

Arachnobaron
critter keepers aren't square so if you put it on end it will lean and can be a tipping/falling threat. Also it will be resting on the lid / door so you will have to tilt it to do any maintenance.
I personally wouldn't do it, the reward to risk ration just ins't there for me. Now add in this is a Marquee Tarantula, typically a centerpiece of ones collection. I would give it a home
deserving of its stature, I wouldn't pair a pricey and beautiful T with a jerry rigged enclosure. If you are trying to save some coin, as others have said, modify a rubbermaid / sterilite
The extra large kritter keeper is perfect for a P.metallica, you don't have to lay it on its side to house it. The benefit of the extra large kritter keeper is it's crystal clear unlike the rubbermaid sterilize containers. In picture you can see the deep sterilite container used for a C.minax enclosure that is perfect for an arboreal tarantula as you recommended. Next to sterilte container is extra large kritter keeper. It's same size only crystal clear so you could see your prized tarantula in HD vision rather than wearing beer goggles. I think the extra large and extra large only kritter keeper is perfect for non avic arboreal tarantulas.

Attachments

Matt Man

Arachnoprince
The OP mentioned standing it on its side, I was responding to that. XL Critter keepers are only 10" tall (slightly under) too small for an adult pokiest in my book. I keep my Pokies in 12 x 12 x18s.
An adult @ full stretch can be 8" long no problem. That would be top to bottom in a critter keeper with some dirt in it. I only suggested the Sterilite because I think the OP may be on a budget.