Poecilotheria Fasciata? You decide: pic

Vayu Son

Old Timer
For those of you who are veterans to this forum, you may remember i was sold a P.regalis that turned out to not be a P.regalis. I classified her as P.fasciata, since shes identical in color but lacks the abdominal band. Following are a few pics, if anyone has any info on why she wouldnt be sri lankan, feel free to speak now, and forever hold your peace.

Attachments

Blackwidow69

Arachnopeon
She is!!

They look identical to the indian ornamental and yes thats a sir lankan!! I have one and she looks like yours... its funny how they are so much alike but no belly band on them... Nice pixs... =D ;P :cool:

Atlanta Native

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Where is this belly band I always hear so much about? I have both Sri Lanka & Indian Ornamentals and would like to find this "band". Thanks

ArachnoJoost

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Something like this (unfortunately not my spider btw...)
greetz,
Joost

Haploman

ArachnoEarthTiger
Old Timer
Originally posted by Vayu Son
For those of you who are veterans to this forum, you may remember i was sold a P.regalis that turned out to not be a P.regalis. I classified her as P.fasciata, since shes identical in color but lacks the abdominal band. Following are a few pics, if anyone has any info on why she wouldnt be sri lankan, feel free to speak now, and forever hold your peace.

P. fasciata (sri lankin ornamental) -- no belly band <--- this is what you have
P. regalis (indian ornamental)-- belly band
P. Smithi-- no belly band (yellow & black ornamental)(need more info for this)
P. Ornata (fringed ornamental)-- no belly band but distinctive red under pedipalps
P. Formosa (salem ornamental)-- no bally band but black stripes on legs and purplish on carapace
P. Subfusca (ivory ornamental)-no belly band but totally different looking from above
chaeck out rick wests website www.birdspiders.com