please post small g pulchra pics!! (i have a reason)

Feral

Arachnobaron
Not sure of the exact size. Might be a little too big for what you are asking for.
View attachment 325285
That's a pulchra?! Wow. She's so light colored! I know they get their adult coloring at slightly different rates, but... She/he looks like she is WAY big enough to have already gotten her black coloration long ago. Maybe it's just a trick of relativity, but her body proportions look like she a good sized juvenile, definitely not a sling. Or maybe it's the lighting she's in and/or browning/fading due to old exoskeleton. Or maybe I'm just crazy (likely lol). But it just seems weird. I'd be super interested to hear a DLS measurement!

Absurdly cute, whatever color she is! :D

Eukio

Arachnosquire
That's a pulchra?! Wow. She's so light colored! I know they get their adult coloring at slightly different rates, but... She/he looks like she is WAY big enough to have already gotten her black coloration long ago. Maybe it's just a trick of relativity, but her body proportions look like she a good sized juvenile, definitely not a sling. Or maybe it's the lighting she's in and/or browning/fading due to old exoskeleton. Or maybe I'm just crazy (likely lol). But it just seems weird. I'd be super interested to hear a DLS measurement!

Absurdly cute, whatever color she is! :D

It is what the exotic pet store said she is, and they are a place that actually cares about the animals. I am not exactly a pro at identifying them though. I am afraid to get close for a measurement because she is aggressive LMAO

Feral

Arachnobaron
It is what the exotic pet store said she is, and they are a place that actually cares about the animals. I am not exactly a pro at identifying them though. I am afraid to get close for a measurement because she is aggressive LMAO
Def always better to be safe than sorry, you're right. Even if pulchra are considered to be some of the most tolerant, on average, they're still tarantulas and caution is wise. I like your attitude.

I don't handle or bother mine to measure. I wait until they're in a good body position on or right near the side glass/acrylic/plastic (if you have transparent sides) and then I pit a ruler up to the outside to measure. If you don't have clear-ish sides, I guess you could get one of those small plastic rulers (like 6" or so), or an object you already know the length of, and put it in the enclosure in a spot where she is likely to walk... and wait. But I suppose it depends on how much you want to know her measurement. :) Can you take a guess?
I'm just so curious!

Eukio

Arachnosquire
Def always better to be safe than sorry, you're right. Even if pulchra are considered to be some of the most tolerant, on average, they're still tarantulas and caution is wise. I like your attitude.

I don't handle or bother mine to measure. I wait until they're in a good body position on or right near the side glass/acrylic/plastic (if you have transparent sides) and then I pit a ruler up to the outside to measure. If you don't have clear-ish sides, I guess you could get one of those small plastic rulers (like 6" or so), or an object you already know the length of, and put it in the enclosure in a spot where she is likely to walk... and wait. But I suppose it depends on how much you want to know her measurement. :) Can you take a guess?
I'm just so curious!
I would guess an inch.

Feral

Arachnobaron
I would guess an inch.
One inch from front toe tip to back toe tip? That's so crazy!
She has such thick legs and such a dense coat of hairs and such a sturdy, stocky build for that small size. Crazy!

I'll be very interested to see how she/he grows up.

Arachnophoric

Arachnoangel
Specimen #1, right about 1" in DLS. Notice that the marginal differences in position change how "bulky" the T looks.

20190920_231039.jpg
20190921_105139.jpg

Specimen #2, before and after a molt it waited 2 years to give me :hurting:

20190520_155348.jpg
20190611_190046.jpg

Your "pulchra" looks normal as they come. ;)

Astron

Arachnopeon
Guess who decided to be a little angel and was a proper exhibitionist for me when I got in from work today? Now I know there aren't any molt worries :D

Arachnophoric

Arachnoangel
Thanks for the heads up! I have very little idea on how to sex T's - would you mind letting me know what the distinguishing feature is in that pic?
If you look at the underside of your T's abdomen, between the upper set of booklungs/above the center of the epigastric furrow, you'll notice that dark dot. This is the epiandrous fusillae, a cluster of micro-spinnerets that aide male tarantulas in the making of sperm webs after they mature, and thus are only present on males. It varies from species to species on how visible this patch is/what size they become apparent at. For G. pulchra, they show early on and are usually very easy to ventral sex by the 3" mark. Which is helpful, since the females of this species have very small spermathecae and are more difficult to sex via molt for a good while ;)

Chuck Z

Arachnopeon
I just picked up this guy a couple weeks ago. He is very entertaining to feed. His take down skills are amazing.

Attachments