PLEASE I NEED HELP. IS MY SCORPION DYING OR PREMOLT??

gayscorpionowner

Arachnopeon
So i have had my Asian Forest Scorp for about a month and a half now. He was eating everything fine the first 4 weeks, now we are coming up on 5 weeks not eating. I thought he was in premolt and he was hiding a lot.
I wanted to check on him last night because we have been moving a bit since my apartment needs an exterminator. But they haven't sprayed or gassed anything yet. So I brought him back home and checked on him. I asked Reddit if he is in premolt and they said no.
So WHY does his mouth look like that????? Is he dying????

Thank you for reading. This is my first scorpion!!!

Attachments

GordoOldman

Arachnoknight
A lot of unknown variables, not the least of which is that you have not jad your scoprion long at all...that it was eating immediately is good...but 5 days plus or minus without food is really not an issue. Moving the scorpion can stress it and often times will result in not feeding. The enclosure looks dry (is that moss dyed that color?) and the chelicerae do look extremely relaxed...

Make sure you have a water container shallow enough to easily climb in and out of, but large enough for its whole body to soak in if it so chooses (which they often will).

Dr SkyTower

Arachnolord
it looks okay to me... I don't see anything unusual about the mouth parts. The legs aren't curled under the body and the tail isn't lying flat so it's not dead. It's also not in pre molt - it would be very fat and its plates spread out if it was. Sometimes when they are horribly surprised (by a light being turned on or their hide being taken away) they will freeze and play dead. Moving will alert a potential predator (you) and it gets eaten. Just leave it alone and don't stress it and it will go back to its normal behaviour.