Please help

Darlloony

Arachnopeon
I'm sorry for the lack of information! I have a green bottle blue thats two years old. He molted last month and refuses to eat since. His enclosure was 18 in. from substrate to top and since he would fall so much I changed him to an enclosure which was 6 in. from substrate to top. He keeps trying to climb the and he keeps slipping and falling.
T hasnt ate in two weeks and shows no interest in crickets or mealworms. I don't know if he's hurt or not because he also sometimes falls from the top of the terrarium to the bottom. :( please help

Darlloony

Arachnopeon
Be careful with advice before you know species, size, and setup.

While it's probably a terrestrial species, my MM arboreal stopped "sticking" before he died, my first avic did this when I was putting the poor thing in a swamp, and then of course as you mentioned many terrestrial loose footing before molt.

Also, 2-3" from the top for a 8" LP or a mature regalis could be a little short, don't cha think? ;)
I'm sorry for the lack of information! I have a green bottle blue thats two years old. He molted last month and refuses to eat since. His enclosure was 18 in. from substrate to top and since he would fall so much I changed him to an enclosure which was 6 in. from substrate to top. He keeps trying to climb the and he keeps slipping and falling.

Darlloony

Arachnopeon
That sounds like pre-molt, how big is your T and what species is it? and is there any more information you can give about the situation? As for the falls, how long is the drop, how far is the distance from the top of the lid to the substrate.
I don't think it's premolt because his abdomen isnt at the size it usually is and he just molted a month ago. The drop was about 16 in. and then i shortened it to 6 after i saw how much he was falling.

Last edited:

Darlloony

Arachnopeon
You need to raise the substrate height to within 2 or 3" of the top, in addition, the top cannot be screen, as that is how the t grasps on falls. Please describe your setup and conditions, and pictures are better, what is your feeding schedule, and the last time your t molted?
He's in an acrylic tank with substrate that had wood. I used to feed him once a week and he was always very enthusiastic about eating. So now that I see he doesn't want anything it worries me.

Darlloony

Arachnopeon
i love how the op posts, then instantly logs off....jeez, she had 3 comments within 15 min...could have had all her questions answered in less than 20 min if she would have just stuck around for a tiny bit.

Op, we need more info, no one can help with the limited info provided, we can only speculate...other than the fact that 2 weeks without food is of zero concern, ever, for any t.
I'm sorry. I wasn't aware that I had logged out until I opened my computer and noticed I wasn't getting notifications.

cold blood

Staff member
I'm sorry. I wasn't aware that I had logged out until I opened my computer and noticed I wasn't getting notifications.
When you close your computer, you are logged off....you only then get alerts is by logging back in....when your computer is open....lmao.

Post pics and ask questions...help comes quick on AB.

Ghost56

Arachnobaron
Yes. In his last molt he came out mature. Why sadly?
When a T matures into a male, that's their final molt. I don't have very much experience with GBB's, so this number may not be entirely accurate, but MM GBB's usually only live around 6-12 months after maturing.

You could send him out on a breeding loan, or trade/sell him to someone looking for a mature male if you'd like.

Darlloony

Arachnopeon
When a T matures into a male, that's their final molt. I don't have very much experience with GBB's, so this number may not be entirely accurate, but MM GBB's usually only live around 6-12 months after maturing.

You could send him out on a breeding loan, or trade/sell him to someone looking for a mature male if you'd like.
I'll see what I can do. Thank you so much for the help though! I really appreciate it,

Ghost56

Arachnobaron
I'll see what I can do. Thank you so much for the help though! I really appreciate it,
No problem! One other little thing though, you need to replace those wood chips with some eco earth or top soil (the really cheap stuff with no additives for filling holes).

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
No problem! One other little thing though, you need to replace those wood chips with some eco earth or top soil (the really cheap stuff with no additives for filling holes).
Also needs a Hide.