Please help

Stugy

Arachnolord
To keep saying repeatedly that im basically not smart enough to realize my mistake isn't helping. Why not just try to help
If I were to say you are not smart enough I WOULD SAY STRAIGHT UP. There is no reason to lie to a person in such a way. In fact, I didn't even think for a SECOND that you were not smart enough. I was just pointing out a mistake repeatedly because someone kept going after me just because I pointed it out.

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
Close up pics
Do you have any ventral (underside) pictures? That can sometimes help distinguish between different species.

No species of wolf spider is medically significant, in case that was a concern.

Angel Frie

Arachnopeon
Do you have any ventral (underside) pictures? That can sometimes help distinguish between different species.

No species of wolf spider is medically significant, in case that was a concern.
I might be able to get one in the morning im not concerned about being bit by it was just trying to find out what type out is we have a tank set up for it but want to make sure it's going to be set up right

Stugy

Arachnolord
Btw if it is a wolf spider you'll have a lot of fun feeding it ;) loved mine before she died. But any spider gives pretty awesome feeding attacks hahah.

Angel Frie

Arachnopeon
Btw if it is a wolf spider you'll have a lot of fun feeding it ;) loved mine before she died. But any spider gives pretty awesome feeding attacks hahah.
Thank you my kids have been catching spiders for years never found one like this if it is a wolf spider outs the biggest i have ever seen around here and I've been here 23 years

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
May I suggest folks back down and back up a little? It's starting to sound like a sketch rejected by Monty Python.

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
I might be able to get one in the morning im not concerned about being bit by it was just trying to find out what type out is we have a tank set up for it but want to make sure it's going to be set up right
It's definitely a wolf spider (Lycosidae) of some kind -- the eye arrangement leaves no doubt. The largest species belong to the genera Tigrosa and Hogna. (I think this is Tigrosa.) Getting to the exact species is tricky and often requires a microscope.

I haven't kept wolf spiders before, but as far as setup goes, I don't think the exact species matters a whole lot, as many setups will be similar. Wolf spiders are generally terrestrial, but some build burrows.

Angel Frie

Arachnopeon
It's definitely a wolf spider (Lycosidae) of some kind -- the eye arrangement leaves no doubt. The largest species belong to the genera Tigrosa and Hogna. (I think this is Tigrosa.) Getting to the exact species is tricky and often requires a microscope.

I haven't kept wolf spiders before, but as far as setup goes, I don't think the exact species matters a whole lot, as many setups will be similar. Wolf spiders are generally terrestrial, but some build burrows.
Thank you very much!

Stugy

Arachnolord
If you are going to keep it, it would be best to keep the substrate a little deep just in case the spider is a burrowing species :p