Please Help =)

jenner

Arachnopeon
Im a new tarantula owner, i have a Phlogius Sarina, tropical bby girl. :) Shes getting me worried because she closed her den and didnt come out for a couple of days, also she lost a leg... i thought maybe she was moulting or cold.. she hasnt eaten but seems to be climbing fine and walking around now. i really wanna hold her but im scared that ill scare her to death if i try.... help please?? lol

shanebp

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
This sounds like typical tarantula behavior to me. There are lots of tarantulas that burrow, seal them selves off (usually for molting), refuse food, and loose limbs. I wouldn't worry about the leg though, it will just regenerate in the next few molts.

Also, about eating.. tarantulas have incredibly slow metabolisms and can go without eating for days, weeks, months, and up to a year or more. Different species are worse for it than others. So if it doesn't eat in the next month, then repost about that and maybe we can see whats happening then.

Just make sure it had a nice clean and full water dish, and it should be just fine.