Please Help

Weapon-X

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
please help, just received some t's today, A. versicolor, b. smithi, and t. blondi, my problem i beleave they are all males:(, could guys/girls please please post underside pics of a. versicolor's and their sex? and possbly B. smithi as well as t. blondi, i just need something more to compare with, thanks very much i really appreciate the help--Jeff

MrT

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Sorry Jeff,
I don't take pics of the under side of my T's. To much work to get the proper grip on them with one hand and shooting with the other. And through to glass pics. dont turn out clear enough to see.
Wish I could help.
BTW, my smithi's go crazy kicking hair if I even look like I'm going to grab them..

Ern

Weapon-X

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
re

oh ok, thanks though anyway:), i would try a pic but my camera is'nt very good for detail, hmmm, i almost positive the smithi is male well kinda lol, it has no fusillae that i see but their is a tiny spot where its darker and a white dot where the lips would be? not sure... and the versicolor belly is all black and has white lines where the genital slit is/or should be? man this is confusing--Jeff

MrT

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Don't feel too bad Jeff,
I had to buy 3 smithi's before i got a Female.
Were they sold to you as females?

Weapon-X

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
re

yeah the guy told me he was almost sure they were all females, then there all males:? or so it seems--Jeff

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
pro-male sentiments for ALL!

hey, males are just as good..

the more you get into this, the eaiser it is to breed your own Ts (usually/generally) -- getting a male means, to me "alright, sling-time" ;)

breeding loans are usually really exciting, or just screw the middle man (no pun...) and do it at home!

however, if youre not ready, and youre really looking for a long-lived pet, then i understand :)

good luck!
how big are the Ts?
peace
dave

also, sometimes you just never know.. i think there were 2 or 3 recent posts where people thought they had a fale for a long time and the T ended up molting into a female... you never really know with some of them (unless they've laid an egg sac or have tibial hooks -- then you're home free ;) )

Last edited:

Weapon-X

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Re: pro-male sentiments for ALL!

Originally posted by RugbyDave
hey, males are just as good..

the more you get into this, the eaiser it is to breed your own Ts (usually/generally) -- getting a male means, to me "alright, sling-time" ;)

breeding loans are usually really exciting, or just screw the middle man (no pun...) and do it at home!

however, if youre not ready, and youre really looking for a long-lived pet, then i understand :)

good luck!
how big are the Ts?
peace
dave

also, sometimes you just never know.. i think there were 2 or 3 recent posts where people thought they had a fale for a long time and the T ended up molting into a female... you never really know with some of them (unless they've laid an egg sac or have tibial hooks -- then you're home free ;) )
hey dave, the versicolor is 4"(i'm thinking its a female now after more looking but still am not sure), the B. smithi is 3.5-4" kinda slender looking also, and the T. blondi is about 3", well right now thats my goal dave to start breeding thats why i'm praying the versi is a female lol, next week i'm expecting an Awesome monster gravid female:)--Jeff

pronty

Haunting Spider
Old Timer
B. smithi immature male

T. blondi molted skins with epiandrous fusillae marked