Please Help!!! (WEIRD LUMP ON CARAPACE)

tarantulalover333

Arachnopeon
Just bought this cobalt blue (female) and I didn’t really notice it at first when I got her but a week in she has this weird red bump on her carapace, I’m not sure if she got injured or if I’m over feeding her, or if it’s some weird parasite I’m hoping to God it ain’t a parasite…someone please help!!

Attachments

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
Most likely an injury of some sort. You're just going to have to wait it out, should heal/disappear when it moults. You're extremely unlikely to ever encounter any of the parasites that people like to unnecessarily panic about (nematodes/Cordyceps/parasitic mites) unless you regularly buy wild caught animals.

tarantulalover333

Arachnopeon
Most likely an injury of some sort. You're just going to have to wait it out, should heal/disappear when it moults. You're extremely unlikely to ever encounter any of the parasites that people like to unnecessarily panic about (nematodes/Cordyceps/parasitic mites) unless you regularly buy wild caught animals.
Thank you I think she’s going to be fine she’s doing everything she should normally do, she also has started her burrow finally and has made an awesome entrance I’m so happy I have her even though she hates me

flippinekfaria

Arachnopeon
I just posted a reply on an old thread after a long wait for my Fireleg to moult, yellow spot was suspected cyst. The advise was much the same which is wait for the moult and hope for the best. The outcome was all positive so thought I'd chime in and say fingers crossed your T shall 'shed the red' on the next moult and be good as new once more. Good luck!

tarantulalover333

Arachnopeon
I just posted a reply on an old thread after a long wait for my Fireleg to moult, yellow spot was suspected cyst. The advise was much the same which is wait for the moult and hope for the best. The outcome was all positive so thought I'd chime in and say fingers crossed your T shall 'shed the red' on the next moult and be good as new once more. Good luck!
Thank you this helps me out a lot