Please help my identify this spider

Raveness

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Yeah.. Looks just like it.. Before you posted I was thinking H.
albostriatum

Vys

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Yah, now it looks more ike Lasiodorides Striatus. I just seem to remember some old thread about an unknown sp. that people thought were either a Seemani or an L. Striatus.
Anyway, any hints of aggressiveness? Skittishness?

Joy

Priestess of Pulchra-tude
Old Timer
I vote with the Lasiodorides striatus lobby.

Joy

Last edited:

Philth

N.Y.H.C.
Old Timer
Check out the L polycuspaltus pic at John Hoke's site... 'more grey' than this one but perhaps after time? Whacha think?
Thanks again for all your help. But i think Tony might be right. It does look like a Lasiodorides polycuspulatus. Assuming the pic from E-spiderworld is a recantly molted spider like mine, i would say its that. I will post updated pics in a few weeks. Thanks so much for all your help.

Philth

N.Y.H.C.
Old Timer
Also does any body know what this spider is worth if it is a L. polycuspulatus ?

Chris

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
That spider is so hard to guess because it looks different in every pic you have posted lol

Phillip

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
gotta go with Joy...

Looks like L striatus to me. It's not L polycuspulatus as it's too dark overall and polycuspulatus has more of a golden color to it. Here's a female and I'll try to get a pic of the male up tonight or tomorrow. As to the value of them I couldn't say as I haven't seen them available in a while. Cool spiders though.

Phil

Philth

N.Y.H.C.
Old Timer
Im so confused now. :confused: Why do the pics of L. striatus on birdspiders.com look like they are so dark?

belewfripp

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Philth: Those are pics of her fresh-molted? I wouldn't rule out A. seemanni yet. Every seemanni I have owned comes out of molt with reddish striping that eventually fades after a month or two. Does your T look almost blue with red stripes? That is what my seemanni come out looking like at first before dulling into grey with white striping. I thought one of my seemanni was an L striatus at one time before hearing confirmation from others of the reddish tinge seemanni can acquire after a molt.

Adrian

Philth

N.Y.H.C.
Old Timer
This spider is black on its underside, that why i didnt think A. seemani.:? :confused:

belewfripp

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
ah ok, my mistake. you probably said that somewhere and I missed it. my apologies.

Adrian