Please, help me my female P. imperator is gonna die :(

PeriplanetaAmer

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
She gave birth on 24 of February, and yesterday, I saw her like this:

She has a "point" between the 3rd and 4th segment of mesosoma:confused:

One of her pectens is cutted of:eek:

She is too much docile, more than before. Temperature is 30ºC (I don't know in ºF) and humidity is over 80%.

Please, help me, I'm very sad.:( :( :(

Thank you!:)

brandontmyers

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Yeah it most likely is old...it doesnt look too good...is it the first brood she has given, and has she molted since you got her??

Thaedion

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I would have to agree with all the rest that she is at the end of her life. The bloated area looks like some sort of impaction (not able to discharge her waste and it is backing up) and the black on the pectin looks like something one of mine had on his when I found him dead (I don't know what that is but it looks bad like some sort of rot)

Be glad that she gave you some young to raise, how many did she have?

PeriplanetaAmer

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Thanks Thaedion:) I hope that she gets better, but is unprobable:( :( :( :( :( :( .

She left 18 babys and now I have 13 (4 sold out, 1 died). I´ll keep 6 of them.

JungleGuts

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
sorry but it dosnt look last shes gonna last much longer, at least you got the babies!

compnerd7

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
she doesn't look well at all...sorry man.. but atleast u got some more out of her! so it's not all bad:eek:

Thaedion

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
whats wc? with children?
WC = Wild Caught, CB = Captive Bred

Wild caught specimens are usually adults, and the average life span in captivity (as I've read) is 8yrs, they reach adulthood at nearly 3yrs (again as I've read) so an adult WC can have about 5yrs. Now no one can say if the WC is 3yrs, 5yrs, or 8yrs old when shipped, so you can effectively buy one that will die in a year or less without you doing anything wrong.

Last edited: