Please help- G. pulchra... paralyzed?

Blayde

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I am not reading threads. I read care sheets, write ups, and the sorts. I read multiple and work out from there what I can, I try my hardest to ask questions, and I am patient and will admit when I am wrong, but you guys are almost persecuting me for this.

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I am not saying I dont believe you guys, it just seems like everytime I say something, everyone is sooo far up my A** either demanding sources, or just telling me I am wrong.

I am sorry, I dont remember any of my sources, I have read over so many websites, and read so much I dont remember where it is. I choose to learn as much as I can and go from there. It doesn't help when people are going to jump down my throat every time I say something wrong.

Especially redneck.
Especially me? Thats kinda harsh.. :? But if you think I am jumping down your throat.. I am just sharing facts.. The ones I "know" are true.. I am just helping you not spread the "wrong" information..

Blayde

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Well I am trying to learn, but like I said, I dont remember exactly where I found this, or the Search parameters I was using. AB isnt the only site I use, I will look and read any and all Forums, and care sheets. I cant point you where I found it, so when you guys are demanding these sources and proof, I dont have them, and you guys just seem to act like Im a moron. I dont just listen to everything I read, but thats just it, its the internet, you have to learn to pick and choose, and thats what Im trying to do.

Shell

ArachnoVixen AKA Dream Crusher AKA Heartbreaker
Staff member
Can you share a link to where you read they need to be on their back to molt?

There have been MANY cases here on AB where a member has had their critter molt without being flipped over..
If I am not mistaken Joe (xhexdx) has had one do it.. But I can remember for certain.. I know others have had it happen to thiers & nothing bad happen..

Maybe you should do more research before you throw around the wrong information..
One of my B. vagans molted upright a few weeks ago, with no ill effects.

moose35

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
your such a meanie tommy.... :D

and yes spiders can molt right side up with no problems

moose

B8709

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Why not use the search function? What better way to learn than from the AB community? They're not lying about it. A lot of caresheets on the internet are wrong. Some even tell you to put sponges in your Ts water dish. I'm not trying to bash you. I'm just telling you what I've learned from multiple threads on AB from experienced T keepers who had their T molt upright.
I think you are a little too defensive.

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Well I am trying to learn, but like I said, I dont remember exactly where I found this, or the Search parameters I was using. AB isnt the only site I use, I will look and read any and all Forums, and care sheets. I cant point you where I found it, so when you guys are demanding these sources and proof, I dont have them, and you guys just seem to act like Im a moron. I dont just listen to everything I read, but thats just it, its the internet, you have to learn to pick and choose, and thats what Im trying to do.
No body said that.. Did they? I know I didnt.. I was just asking where you got your information..

Simple question.. Thats all it is.. If I go around & help someone or offering advice I believe to be right.. I have a source.. That way if the information I offer goes into question I can say "Hey I read it on (insert source)"..

That way.. If my information is incorrect I can say that it was not me that offered that information.. It is just somethng I read from someone else.. Then if that information is wrong I wont refer to what that source has to offer again..

Its not meant to hurt your feelings.. I am just helping by not spreading the wrong information.. Those thread you say you dont read.. Those are the thread you really should read.. Most caresheets are probably thrown together by someone who really has no experiance in keeping the animals the caresheet is actually meant for..

Blayde

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I apologize for the defenseness. I have been tense as hell from unrelated issues.

And thats kind of my point. Yes other cares sheets are wrong, but is it smart to listen to the guy who sits there telling you hes right? I am sure redneck really knows what hes talking about, but I just dont trust the internet that fast. I am not just going to just listen to what everyone says right away, and when you have multiple sources giving you 3 different pieces of info on the same subject, none of which are the same, how is one to tell who's right or not? I mean, if another guy on another forum says hes right even if hes wrong, how is that any different from redneck? I mean, I still dont know if hes right or not, I just know what hes saying is right.

And I do read threads now. Actually since I found this site, I haven't left it. I dont look anywhere else, I just ask someone here.

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I apologize for the defenseness. I have been tense as hell from unrelated issues.

And thats kind of my point. Yes other cares sheets are wrong, but is it smart to listen to the guy who sits there telling you hes right? I am sure redneck really knows what hes talking about, but I just dont trust the internet that fast. I am not just going to just listen to what everyone says right away, and when you have multiple sources giving you 3 different pieces of info on the same subject, none of which are the same, how is one to tell who's right or not? I mean, if another guy on another forum says hes right even if hes wrong, how is that any different from redneck? I mean, I still dont know if hes right or not, I just know what hes saying is right.

And I do read threads now. Actually since I found this site, I haven't left it. I dont look anywhere else, I just ask someone here.

I didnt say I was right.. I am going off of information I have read.. The information I have read is offered right here on AB.. Where I think there more experianced members.. I personally have never experianced an upright molt.. I have experiance a vertical molt from my P. regalis..

Im not going to beg you to belive the information I offer.. I am just offering it.. I wont trust members off any website but here.. I have become a member on several tarantula forums.. None of which offer near the information this one has.. Yes there are members here or come off a little rude.. but I have came to the conclusion that if they didnt.. This website would be full of members like the other tarantula forums.. A bunch of kids thinking they know what they are talking about when in fact they do not..

Blayde

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Especially me? Thats kinda harsh.. :? But if you think I am jumping down your throat.. I am just sharing facts.. The ones I "know" are true.. I am just helping you not spread the "wrong" information..
Right there? I mean you didnt use exact words, but saying "The ones I "know" are true.." is as good as saying "I am right" in my books.

I am not talking like I know what I am talking about, actually the first thing I said was "Are you sure about that? Everything I have read tells me they need to flip over to Molt, otherwise they could hurt themselves, or just not get out." Thats not me acting like I know what I am talking about. Thats me saying I read something somewhere that contradicts what you said.

"Can you share a link to where you read they need to be on their back to molt?

There have been MANY cases here on AB where a member has had their critter molt without being flipped over..
If I am not mistaken Joe (xhexdx) has had one do it.. But I can remember for certain.. I know others have had it happen to thiers & nothing bad happen..

Maybe you should do more research before you throw around the wrong information.."
and thats what I get from you Redneck.

"Maybe you should do more research before you throw around the wrong information.." Again, who are you to tell me that your right, and everyone else is wrong? I am not just gonna listen you, especially when your already going to act like I am an idiot.

ametan

Arachnoknight

The point of reading the threads on here is that you get multiple points of view in every thread. You don't have to listen to just one 'guy sitting there telling you he's right'. One clue you can use is to look at the member ranking under their name. Does it say peon, squire, knight, etc. Post count may be helpful as well, but neither means definitively that a person knows what s/he is talking about.

What you can do to make this easier on yourself is to login everyday (maybe even a few times a day and click 'new posts'. Read through them all. Ask questions on them. Do this for at least a few weeks. Make sure in your spare time to also read all of the sticky topics at the top of every subforum relating to your interests. After you have done these things and feel reasonably sure about who some people are on here and have formed some opinions on issues presented, join in more thoroughly.

This is not meant to be mean or harsh in any way. Just some friendly advice from a fellow newbie with lots of online forum experience. It's important to make sure you educate yourself before attempting to educate others.

Blayde

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Thats just it, thats what I am trying to do, and everyone keeps jumping on me like I am a know it all or something. I am only saying what I read, I dont remember where I read it, because I dont use those sources. I have been cruising this forum for weeks, I dont know if anyone noticed, But I only just started posting recently, and this is the welcome I get. You guys aren't giving me a chance to learn, your just jumping on me telling me I am wrong and demanding where I read it.

xhexdx

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
This is so fun!

:wall:

To the OP (original poster):

If you found it in a death curl, the ICU (which has already been suggested) is going to be your best option.

Do you have a water dish, or do you at least offer water (misting, flooding, etc.) on a regular occasion? It may be dehydrated.

If it's been there for 4 days but doesn't stink, it's probably still alive.

Yes, spiders can molt upright without issue. If they choose to molt upright, let them. Don't flip them.

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Right there? I mean you didnt use exact words, but saying "The ones I "know" are true.." is as good as saying "I am right" in my books.

I am not talking like I know what I am talking about, actually the first thing I said was "Are you sure about that? Everything I have read tells me they need to flip over to Molt, otherwise they could hurt themselves, or just not get out." Thats not me acting like I know what I am talking about. Thats me saying I read something somewhere that contradicts what you said.

"Can you share a link to where you read they need to be on their back to molt?

Maybe you should do more research before you throw around the wrong information.."
and thats what I get from you Redneck.

"Maybe you should do more research before you throw around the wrong information.." Again, who are you to tell me that your right, and everyone else is wrong? I am not just gonna listen you, especially when your already going to act like I am an idiot.
Did I say or treat you like an idiot? I apologize if I did.. I was simple asking for your source.. Thats all.. Do you have to believe anything I say? Nope! That is the glory of the interenet.. You can believe what ever you want..

I am far from a pro. at keeping tarantulas.. I was just offering information that I "believe" (Is that a better way of putting it?) is right.. Again.. The most useful website I have found on tarantulas is right here.. But again this is something that is based on my opinion.. You do nto have to "believe" anything I say.. It is my "opinion"..

I hope I worded that better so you dont feel like I am treating you like an idiot.. Again I apologize if it felt that way..

Blayde

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Alright I am going to restart this. *cough* ahem. I apologize for my hardheaded-ness. I am stubborn A** at times... a lot... but I dont appreciate people just telling me I am wrong, my sources are wrong, and they are right. I am slowly learning this is where I should be learning from, but back off. Dont just expect me to listen to you. Redneck wasn't the most polite with his response. Something more like presenting an example and offering more of a discussion, and less just telling me Im wrong. I got defensive because you just decided I was wrong, and instead of proving me wrong, you would rather just tell me my source is wrong, and then when I try to give examples then you prove me wrong. I can admit I am wrong, but I wont admit I am wrong just because you say so.

And Its ok redneck, you still are a hell of a lot further along than me. I dont take this personal, and I am sure you weren't trying to be rude, but if definitely came across like that, to me anyways. I am really trying to Learn here, and I have learned a lot. I lot of what I am learning seems like common sense: dont bug 'em during molt, dont touch them when they lay egg, etc... (lol) But cut me a little slack, I am learning as fast as I can. If you just talk to me, I will listen, very well, and it will sink in.

xhexdx

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I saw nothing wrong with Tommy's post.

If I may, I would like to offer a suggestion regarding what may have warranted Tommy's response in the first place:

Are you sure about that? Everything I have read tells me they need to flip over to Molt, otherwise they could hurt themselves, or just not get out.
When you insinuate something is necessary when it really isn't, that's something we call 'misinformation'. I know you didn't intend for it to come across that way, but it did.

It may have been better to suggest that most of the time, a tarantula will flip on its back to molt. This would have been quite accurate and would probably not have triggered a response to it. Tommy's response (asking for a source) really wasn't anything out of the ordinary or anything to be regarded as hostile. One would think that if you've read everything, you should at least be able to provide one or two sources to validate your claim. That's all.

Hopefully this helps.

EDIT: One las thing, Blayde...editing curse words with asterisks doesn't make a difference. You'll still get a warning/infraction for it. You're better off not cursing at all.

Last edited:

ametan

Arachnoknight
This is so fun!

:wall:

To the OP (original poster):

If you found it in a death curl, the ICU (which has already been suggested) is going to be your best option.

Do you have a water dish, or do you at least offer water (misting, flooding, etc.) on a regular occasion? It may be dehydrated.

If it's been there for 4 days but doesn't stink, it's probably still alive.

Yes, spiders can molt upright without issue. If they choose to molt upright, let them. Don't flip them.
One thing I would add to this (great advice, totally agree): I believe the OP said the T is being watered/misted every 6-8 hours. Try to go with a water dish of some sort. But once you have done what can be done, do NOT check on the T any sooner than the 6-8 hours. It's already having problems and the stress from well-meaning ministrations might just make it worse.

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Alright I am going to restart this. *cough* ahem. I apologize for my hardheaded-ness. I am stubborn A** at times... a lot... but I dont appreciate people just telling me I am wrong, my sources are wrong, and they are right. I am slowly learning this is where I should be learning from, but back off. Dont just expect me to listen to you. Redneck wasn't the most polite with his response. Something more like presenting an example and offering more of a discussion, and less just telling me Im wrong. I got defensive because you just decided I was wrong, and instead of proving me wrong, you would rather just tell me my source is wrong, and then when I try to give examples then you prove me wrong. I can admit I am wrong, but I wont admit I am wrong just because you say so.

And Its ok redneck, you still are a hell of a lot further along than me.
My example was right there.. I said look up "upright molts" in the search function.. I did say your information was wrong.. Because *IMO* it is wrong.. Hence.. Why I said look up "upright molts" in the search function..

By no means did I say you were wrong.. I was suggusting your information was..

But I am glad we got that all cleared up..

xhexdx

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
My example was right there.. I said look up "upright molts" in the search function.. I did say your information was wrong.. Because *IMO* it is wrong.. Hence.. Why I said look up "upright molts" in the search function..

By no means did I say you were wrong.. I was suggusting your information was..

But I am glad we got that all cleared up..
I can post my B. boehmei pics if you want...